Super Sonic Galaxy

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Edgerock

Re: Super Sonic Galaxy

Post by Edgerock »

Sonic Colours – Seven Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know…

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/09/03/ ... %99t-know/
Hi guys, well its Friday – and I’ve been enjoying playing myself a bit of Sonic Colours, an early build mind you but still very nice on the eye. I’ve not got as far as I’d like to because gosh darn it people keep expecting me to do “work”. I know it’s incredibly inconsiderate isn’t it? Hmmph. Anyway, there’s a great many little details here and there I’ve seen during this time that you might be interested in so I’m going to do a little blog here and there when I can just revealing the odd titbit of information.

So here they are -

1) Dr. Eggman has built his park after developing a sense of remorse for his past “indiscretions”. Hmm… a likely story.

2) At one point in an early cutscene Sonic “breaks the fourth wall” and talks directly to the gamer.

3) SA-55, the round red robot also known as “Ergo” by fans who appeared in Sonic Unleashed will return, but slightly more jaded than before. Oh and by the way SA-55 ISN’T his name… his name is actually “Orbot”

4) Orbot also has a counterpart this game… who we’ll be revealing next week.

5) Tails’ “Miles Electric” handheld device that appeared in Sonic Unleashed makes a re-appearance.

6) The boss you have already likely seen from Tropical Resort Dr. Eggman refers to as the “Big Boy”.

7) The curly haired white Wisp is important to the Colours story and its name is…. something you’ll have to tune in next week to find out!

Make of these seven what you will!

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Cool, a list with nothing good in it.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:
Kogen wrote: a game called Sonic Colours
I doubt you Canucks are getting a different title.
We are!

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

Kogen wrote:Cool, a list with nothing good in it.
Didn't Sonic CD break the 4h wall?

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Edgerock wrote:
Kogen wrote:Cool, a list with nothing good in it.
If Sonic decides to leave the game mid-play then I will take back what I wrote. I am sure Bubsy could take his place and no one would notice.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Outside of some of those loops and Sonic being there (and I guess rings!), that looks nothing like a Sonic game at all. It looks more similar to Mario to me, especially 3 on NES. That does not mean this is terrible looking for a multiplayer mode, but it is all out of place (I am sure they have unplayable stuff not being shown for us).

I really do not get what they are doing. Why make a Sonic game, keep a lot of it 2D, then make it nothing like the franchise outside of a few visuals? If they want to do a full budget 2D game about Sonic, then that is what we wanted for Sonic 4, not dog crap converted to episodic digital downloads or some toddler game based off of Unleashed.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

an early build mind you but still very nice on the eye.
Novermber 2010
Lotza time.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Esrever wrote:
Dr. BUGMAN wrote: We are!

Isn't that the PEGI logo? I thought you got our stuff. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF PRINTING FRENCH ON THE BOX?????

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

SEGA of Canada is always on the ball.

Remember this?

And fresh out of their news comes:
VFR Press Announcement

SEGA OF CANADA "KNOCKS OUT" SEGA SATURN OWNERS WITH FREE VIRTUA FIGHTER REMIX GIVEAWAY

Richmond Hill, Ontario--September 7, 1995--The best next-generation deal just got better! Sega of Canada is giving Virtua Fighter Remix, a special edition version of the arcade hit, to all Saturn owners who have registered their system in Canada - at no cost! This software giveaway adds even more value to the Sega Saturn purchase, which comes free with Virtua Fighter already in the box.

Sega Saturn, Sega�s most advanced gaming and multimedia hardware platform, has sold more than one million units in Japan since its introduction in November, 1994. Launched in Canada on May 11 in limited national distribution, Sega Saturn has sold out in retail stores across the country; Sega is increasing manufacturing of the Saturn to meet strong demand for the advanced system, which has been available in full distribution in Canada since September 2.

Virtua Fighter Remix, gets into the "ring" with all the original characters and moves of the original Sega Saturn game in addition to astounding new texture-mapped graphics and more polygons that will make gamers kick and punch for more!

All Canadian registered Sega Saturn owners will receive a free copy of Virtua Fighter Remix in the mail, while quantities last. To qualify for this special promotion, Sega Saturn owners must call the Canadian registration line at 1-800 808-SEGA or mail in their registration card to the Canadian address provided.

Sega of Canada, Inc. is a subsidiary of Sega of America, Inc. headquartered in Redwood City, California. Sega of America is in turn a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sega Enterprises Ltd., of Japan, which generated $4.0 billion in worldwide sales last year.

# # #

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Wait, is this an official blog? As in it's supposed to be professional? Wow.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

No, just the 4th dimension.

ZING.

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

Here's the first pic of SA-55 (Orobot's) new counterbot and Orbots new paint job. Looks like they'll be Eggmans version of Scratch and Grounder.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Edgerock wrote:Image

Here's the first pic of SA-55 (Orobot's) new counterbot and Orbots new paint job. Looks like they'll be Eggmans version of Scratch and Grounder.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Those multiplay bits looked like they had the beginnings of something genuinely fun. They just need to really push the ideas and level designs as far as they can, since what we saw there looked more like tutorial levels.

Of course, that'll never happen.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:
Esrever wrote:

Isn't that the PEGI logo? I thought you got our stuff. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF PRINTING FRENCH ON THE BOX?????
I'm just assuming our box will say "Colours", too! We do get our own boxes in Canada. Although actually, I was assuming that because I've bought quite a few games in the states, and they always have English-only boxes. So I'm kind of surprised you've encountered any boxes with French on them! Maybe it depends on what part of the country you live in.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Esrever wrote:
Dr. BUGMAN wrote:
Esrever wrote:

I'm just assuming our box will say "Colours", too! We do get our own boxes in Canada. Although actually, I was assuming that because I've bought quite a few games in the states, and they always have English-only boxes. So I'm kind of surprised you've encountered any boxes with French on them! Maybe it depends on what part of the country you live in.
There is no SEGA of Canada, so I doubt it. They will just edit some French onto the box and leave it as it is. Plus most Canadians are stupid and think they are Americans anyway, so I doubt they will notice anything wrong (couple that with the intelligence of SEGA employees).

Also there exists French speaking people in the United States.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Kogen wrote:Also there exists French speaking people in the United States.
There are also French-speaking people in France. So what is your p-

Oh wait you're Kogen lol

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

I'm a bit late to the this ball game, but good multiplayer would be something that would actually make me interested in the game (I'm not holding my breath, though).

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Neo wrote:
Kogen wrote:Also there exists French speaking people in the United States.
There are also French-speaking people in France. So what is your p-

Oh wait you're Kogen lol
Someone asked why there is French packaging in the United States during a discussion of the software video game 'Sonic Colours'. Please read more carefully.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Kogen wrote: Also there exists French speaking people in the United States.
Yes, but they aren't as big of a contingency as English and Spanish* speakers in the U.S.

We'd run out of room for any legible text if we represented every language spoken here in this melting pot of ours.

*I also assume that this is for Central and South Americas. You go by the ESRB, too, correct?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Esrever wrote:I'm just assuming our box will say "Colours", too! We do get our own boxes in Canada. Although actually, I was assuming that because I've bought quite a few games in the states, and they always have English-only boxes. So I'm kind of surprised you've encountered any boxes with French on them! Maybe it depends on what part of the country you live in.
It seems to be a more recent trend, but many Nintendo titles have Spanish and French all over the back of the box, so much that there isn't actually any room left to convey any meaningful information in any language, I almost wonder why they don't just drop the text altogether and have more room for screens. Nintendo's major releases have instruction manuals that are triple thick, with Spanish and French versions in the second and third portions of the books. I haven't noticed with other publishers. I figured that was not just for US customers, but for selling in Canada and Mexico too. No?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Yeah, they must be. I guess it's a cost-saving measure... producing one version to use in all three territories. For most games, though, we still definitely got different packaging up here... English and French, no Spanish. I got a free copy of LEGO Rock Band from an Old Navy promotion, for example, and it was a US copy of the game... so English only.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Welllllllll we call it Sonic Colours over in England and we invented the fucking language so we know what's what, but The Man thinks we're Europeans and that we'd like our game translated into fifteen languages that nobody actually speaks here because we are an insular and casually bigotous island.

And all the manuals are in black and white. I don't care what country you're from, that's hogwash.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

You may have invented it, but I do believe we improved upon it.