Halo 2 Autoupdate: Kickass/10

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

That's been made more effective, too. And the melee on it does more damage as well.

And I do think if you melee someone on the head while in the air, it's an instant kill.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

It takes two direct hits to kill with the Brute Shot. With near misses it takes three. The melee damage is improved so it takes away all your shield, but since the BS always did substantial melee damage that isn't such a useful improvement. The increase in actual fire power is the main thing as you can now clear a base with it in Coag.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Must get X-Box live connection and download patch...

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

The patch will also be included with the 9 new maps in an expansion disk that will retail for 20 bucks. The disk should be out sometime during the summer.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Yeah, if you don't have Xbox Live then just wait.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Eh, I guess so. It seems kind of stupid to get the connection for only one thing if I could get it elsewhere.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Cheapest solution would be to get a Live account at the end of the summer (when the maps are free for downloading) using a 2-month trial card.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Wait? Maps that aren't free now will be at the end of the summer? Wow, I'm definately not buying them now.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Why you would even consider paying for them in the first place is beyond me, especially at their ridiculous prices.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

The first four maps are being released this next monday in pairs. Two of them are free (Containment - bigass snow map and Warlock - remake of Wizard) and the other two are six bucks for the both of them. I don't see three dollars per map as "ridiculous" but I can definitly wait until the end of summer anyway.

As for paying for maps, I don't see how that could be beyond you, Double-S-. Do you get expansion packs for free or something, because that's essentially what this is seeing as it almost doubles the current map count and inclues the update that reworks the weapons, grenades and cheats.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Expansion packs are another thing wrong with the industry. At least it's mostly contained to computers.

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

They're not so bad when they come out long after the original game does, and are packed with new shit.

They suck ass when it's shit that should have been in the game to begin with. I'm looking at you, Half-Life 2: Aftermath.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Expansion packs usually kick ass, assuming the original game kicked ass since they use the same kick ass engine. I loved MechWarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy, which was almost a whole game unto itself. I still haven't played Pirate's Moon, but one of these days I might pick it up. Black Knight's story was not as good as Vengeance (though Vengeance's story wasn't exactly fantastic) but the gameplay was much improved with new terrain, weapons, 'Mechs and units.

All the Descent expansions also kicked ass: Dimensions, Levels of the World, and the Vertigo Series were all welcome additions to the universe.

From what I hear VOOT 5.66 is also quite kickass with 10/80sp, Apharmd C, and Stein-Vok. Too bad it's arcade-only unless you are an uber-hacker like Quad.

Yeah I'm definitly going to have to disagree with you since every single expansion I've played, I've enjoyed.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

TOPHER IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE GAMING INDUSTRY.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

You like Final Fantasy 7, so who gives a fuck what you think?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

That doesn't even make sense.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Final Fantasy 7. A word that describes it is "ass."

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

So because I enjoy a game which you do not, my opinion is invalid? Interesting.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Halo 2 = dick
MechWarrior 3 = Shisno

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Duh. If I don't like it, it must be a universally accepted problem with the entire industry.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

The Halo 2 map pack is getting more news coverage than most game releases. If you can't see that's messed up... I mean, you can't see that that's wrong because you pop a boner whenever someone says the word "Halo" and don't care if you don't hear about anything else.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

The Halo 2 map pack is getting more news coverage than most game releases. If you can't see that's messed up...
First off let's assume that's even a true statement. How is it "messed up" for the gaming media to cover what a large group of Xbox gamers are interested in?
I mean, you can't see that that's wrong because you pop a boner whenever someone says the word "Halo" and don't care if you don't hear about anything else.
So let me get this right. Your argument is that since I like Halo 2, I don't see a problem with Halo 2 coverage. You sure got me there. I can't really rebut the fact that I'm interesting in what I like.

And MechWarrior 3 was genius. I have yet to have a better single player experience, though some have come close.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Tension diffusion!
http://aerishill.ytmnd.com

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

^Yakety Sax makes everything funny!

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

chriscaffee wrote:
The Halo 2 map pack is getting more news coverage than most game releases. If you can't see that's messed up...
First off let's assume that's even a true statement. How is it "messed up" for the gaming media to cover what a large group of Xbox gamers are interested in?
I mean, you can't see that that's wrong because you pop a boner whenever someone says the word "Halo" and don't care if you don't hear about anything else.
So let me get this right. Your argument is that since I like Halo 2, I don't see a problem with Halo 2 coverage. You sure got me there. I can't really rebut the fact that I'm interesting in what I like.
Ha ha, you proved my point. Thanks.