POPE NEEDS FOOD BADLY.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

POPE NEEDS FOOD BADLY.

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Yeah... His time is limited. The number one Catholic of our generation is about to kick it. Odds are, you knew this, but he's being read his last rites, so I felt it was important to make a topic about it.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/31/pope1/
Last edited by Baba O'Reily on Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

I'm afraid this'll just result in distasteful jokes.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Yeah they hooked a feeding tube up to his nose. I guess they could have timed that better.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Spazz wrote:I'm afraid this'll just result in distasteful jokes.
A bit late for that. I already made a Gauntlet reference.

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

Terry Schiavo's feeding tube is removed and she eventually dies. On the same day she passes, the Pope is hooked up to a feeding tube to keep him alive.

This can't just be ironic coincidence. Jesus should be called out on shenanigans.

muke

Post by muke »

Mr. Schiavo is a fucking monster. He was with some other woman and had illegitimate children all while she was hooked up to JUST A FEEDING TUBE! She was not on life support, and could in fact move around a little bit. I bet that if he didn't try to take her off the tube so many times then she would have eventually recovered. This isn't an issue about pro-life or pro-choice, this is a totally seperate thing that shouldn't involve politics!

Oh, and DeLorean died a few weeks ago too without a cent to his name. I was going to make a topic about that awhile back but I know that it would have resulted in "OMG U R GHEY" from others here.

Grant

Post by Grant »

muke wrote:Mr. Schiavo is a fucking monster. He was with some other woman and had illegitimate children all while she was hooked up to JUST A FEEDING TUBE! She was not on life support, and could in fact move around a little bit. I bet that if he didn't try to take her off the tube so many times then she would have eventually recovered. This isn't an issue about pro-life or pro-choice, this is a totally seperate thing that shouldn't involve politics!
I'll try and put this as nicely as possible:

Read some goddamn facts, sir, instead of just typing out what you hear on the CNN commercial breaks because almost everything that you posted is just plain incorrect, and that's not even being partisan about it.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

They were feeding her with a spoon before he came in and demanded they put her on a tube in the first place.

muke

Post by muke »

I guess you're right. I'm so sorry for blasting into such a touchy subject like that. My facts are also totally incorrect. Is there a way you can delete that post?

EDIT: I read the post Dache asked me to and indeed her brain really is gone! I have no idea how I missed that crucial fact; that changes everything, no joke!
Last edited by muke on Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dache

Post by Dache »

^^ Edit: Oh great, now you do that as I'm typing all this shit out and submit it. Just hit the link at the bottom of the post. Christ.
muke wrote:Mr. Schiavo is a fucking monster. He was with some other woman and had illegitimate children all while she was hooked up to JUST A FEEDING TUBE!
Terri's parents themselves told Michael to start dating again. He and his girlfriend/fiancee endlessly cared for Terri by bathing her, flipping her so she wouldn't get bedsores and up until around seven years ago, trying to find treatment to improve her condition before it was discovered she would never recover. The fact that he didn't just divorce Terri and quickly married this other woman to remove himself from the burden of caring for her -- because, fuck, it's not something you do if you hate the person -- proves pretty damn well that he still loved her and wanted to care for her. Before he started seeing other people, the doctors were close to putting a restraining order on Michael because he wouldn't leave the hospital or stop bugging them about possible treatment.
I bet that if he didn't try to take her off the tube so many times then she would have eventually recovered.
Terri would never have ever, ever recovered because her cerebral cortex had whithered and died, and it is impossible to recover from that. Physically and medically impossible. She would have remained in a vegitive state forever and would never have improved. Ever.
She was not on life support, and could in fact move around a little bit.

A feeding tube is legally and logically considered life support, you fucking nimrod, as you need nourishment to survive, just as you need oxygen. The only movements she made were automatic responses and reflexes, and not cognitive at all.
This isn't an issue about pro-life or pro-choice, this is a totally seperate thing that shouldn't involve politics!
This has everything to do with pro-choice and all that shit. Terri stated to multiple people that she didn't want to live if forced onto life support before her eating disorder lead to her stroke, which your goddamn courts decided was the case over 19 fucking times. The plug should have been pulled years ago in accordance with her wishes when it was discovered she would never have recovered.
Terri Schiavo died 15 years ago when she collapsed in her living room, and the only reason her body (which has been little more than a hunk of meat) has been breathing this long is because of her dumbfuck, greedy parents who don't have the mental capacity to deal with the loss of their daughter, and morons like you and your politicians who don't know the goddamn facts. Christ, I don't even live in the same country and I understand more about this case than you. Read the first post in this thread and get some education.

Yes, if it seems to everyone else that I blew up a little there, it's because I've been following this for the past two weeks, and people like muke here have repeatedly made my jaw drop with their sheer stupidity and ignorance. I couldn't take it anymore when one finally popped up in front of me.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Tee hee.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I heard that Terry Schiavo was fine the whole time and the doctors shot her, confirm/deny?

Grant

Post by Grant »

I heard she was to be the star of the upcoming Veggie Tales movie, but her husband killed her in a fit of jealousy.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Terry Schiavo
OH CHRIST NOT HERE TOO

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Geez, I was hoping that now she's finally dead, everyone would shut the hell up about her. I guess I was wrong.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Who's Terry Schiavo?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Bless you, sir.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Haven't you been watching the news Gibbon? Terry Schiavo is that woman on the news 24/7, who after being on life support for 15 years has had the plug finally pulled on her. Despite in being in her will that if she fell into a vegetative state she wanted to die, her parents and various other Christian life activist groups aren’t down with that, and have since held various rallies outside of the Florida hospital where she was located to keep her alive. She just died on Thursday, and has since sparked various ethical conduct issues.
Last edited by Dark Crow on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I jest not. I really have no fucking idea. I'm too disinterested in the trifling affairs of this world to bother reading the news.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Oh, is that what it is? Isn't there a short story by Poe that has something to do with that? What was it called?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I am so hard for you right now.

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

Hey guys, promise me that when I'm on my deathbed that you'll raise a big stink and turn my final hours into a huge media circus, please?

Grant

Post by Grant »

I can only promise that I won't rape your lifeless body.

Much.

typhoon

Post by typhoon »

On the subject of the Pope, 84 years is a damn long time to not have sex, even for this group.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I don't get it.