Request Forum

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
daytonafathead
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Request Forum

Post by daytonafathead »

Why is there no request forum yet. Not just a topic, but a forum like most websites with a forum. So, until GG or Segaqholic come up with one (which they don't have to) request stuff like sprites, ROMs, ISOs, washing machines, etc. on this topic. First request will be from me: I need a COMPLETE Ristar sprite sheet. :shock:

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

You could say you're... requesting... a... requests forum?!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

This isn't that kind of site, daytonafathead.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Yeah, the GHZ is not particularly friendly to that sort of thing.

But if it's ISOs of new games you are looking for, ask Green Gibbon. He is such a huge pirate. Disgraceful, really.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

What's an ISO?

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

It's also called a CD image. It's pretty much an entire copy of a CD contained in one file, excluding audio CD data. They're usually used to be burned on a CD, making an exact copy of the CD it came from. Others use them with emulators to play CD-based games. But at least in the case of Sega CD games, the music can't be run unless you have the music files separate (or so they say), but I can't get the music to work with Sonic CD.
Last edited by Spazz on Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

He was being facetious.

And in case that went over your head as well, then <A HREF="http://dictionary.reference.com/search? ... ous">click here</A>.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

If you're talking to me, then for some reason, I couldn't tell.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Segaholic2 wrote:He was being facetious.
Well I was and I wasn't. I know it has something to do with pirating games, but I am not sure exactly. So I figured I'd ask and if people took it your way then woohoo, and if they explained it then woohoo.

I don't steal games so I reallydon't know exactly. I just have my NES roms and SNES roms, since I sort of missed out on all old school Nintendo.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

It's not <i>stealing</i> it's <i>copying</i>. It's different.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Whatever helps you sleep at night. And no I'm not one of those gungho RIAA is my God people. I just don't steal games. Music, movies and software on the other hand...

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Speaking of the RIAA...
You'll love this! ^_^

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

the music can't be run unless you have the music files separate (or so they say), but I can't get the music to work with Sonic CD.
You need to name the tracks the same thing as the main ISO file. So if your ISO file is named "sonic", your music tracks should be named "sonic01", "sonic02", etc.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Hey, thanks GG! I've never seen anyone say that before. They just said, "oh, just drop the mp3s in the same folder and it should work."
So it works now, so thanks alot.

Just so people don't get the wrong idea, I own Sonic CD on both Sega CD and PC. The thing is, I got the Sega CD off of eBay and it didn't work, and I have windows XP, and I can't get it to run full screen, also the emulator I have can't detect either of my CD drives, so I can't play it through the emulator. And it's alright to download roms and such if you already have the game (not that there's any thing wrong with downloading anyway). Besides, I'm playing the Japanese iso anyway.

I HATE windows XP, I really, really, REALLY hate it... -_-
XP = Xtremely Pathetic

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Nobody's going to chase you down for downloading Sega CD games. I guess it isn't technically my place to say, but as far as I'm concerned, anything N64 era and earlier is free game.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Hmm...I just noticed something:
Esrever wrote:But if it's ISOs of new games you are looking for, ask Green Gibbon. He is such a huge pirate. Disgraceful, really.
But he said this in an update:
Green Gibbon! wrote:I still have too much principle to just download a GBA game, and I'm honestly not that eager to play it anyway, so I'll be a good little boy and wait until June.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

If only Gibs would write everything down as some sort of holy scripture so we could argue about its ineffable meaning formally.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

If only Gibs would write everything down as some sort of holy scripture so we could argue about its ineffable meaning formally.
I keep trying, but nobody wants to publish it.

I download old roms like they're going to disappear tomorrow (because they might). It's actually been extremely educational, and I'm learning to make connections in games I've played over the past few years that have their roots in stuff over a decade old, obscure stuff that nobody remembers or things that were only ever released in Japan.

I don't download games for anything that's being actively supported. For what it's worth, I don't download movies or even TV episodes, either. (I made an exception for the first few Sonic X fansubs, but I never watched them and eventually deleted them to free up space.) I think the most recent thing I've ever snatched are some 32X games.

J.C.14
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by J.C.14 »

Green Gibbon! wrote:

I download old roms like they're going to disappear tomorrow (because they might). It's actually been extremely educational, and I'm learning to make connections in games I've played over the past few years that have their roots in stuff over a decade old, obscure stuff that nobody remembers or things that were only ever released in Japan.

I don't download games for anything that's being actively supported. For what it's worth, I don't download movies or even TV episodes, either. (I made an exception for the first few Sonic X fansubs, but I never watched them and eventually deleted them to free up space.) I think the most recent thing I've ever snatched are some 32X games.
well...um...I always wanted to make a pirate...but...um....how do you, like, turn the game into a catridge that would work, i'm not sure how to turn a PC game into a Sega Mega Drive or Gamecube, so how do you...make it a cartidrige/CD

WhoopA

Post by WhoopA »

There's already carts that do that (flash carts), but good luck finding one you can use on an older system.

CD-based systems require modifying the console to get the burned images to work.

Segata

Post by Segata »

J.C.14 wrote:
Green Gibbon! wrote:

well...um...I always wanted to make a pirate...but...um....how do you, like, turn the game into a catridge that would work, i'm not sure how to turn a PC game into a Sega Mega Drive or Gamecube, so how do you...make it a cartidrige/CD
Someone already made a guide for this. Press alt+F4 and a window will pop up with instructions. It's not that hard. I've made a few myself.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Sega CD ISOs exist? Wow.

So, can someone possibly direct me to a Shining Force CD ISO? I <b>really</b> want to play Shining Force CD. Who knows. it might disappear tomorrow!

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

So, can someone possibly direct me to a Shining Force CD ISO?
Phat Boy dug one up some time back. He's got both the Japanese and US versions, which is awesome because Japanese Sega CD ISO's are rare. (Sonic and Shining Force are the only two I've seen.) Unfortunately, according to him, the site that it was on has long since gone down.

Most rom sites have Sega CD ISO's, but they require you donate or join or part with your money in some manner. They have a few at <a href="http://www.emuparadise.org">Emu Paradise</a>, but the pop-ups there are as persistent as they come.

WhoopA

Post by WhoopA »

J.C.14
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by J.C.14 »

Segata wrote:
J.C.14 wrote:
Green Gibbon! wrote:

Someone already made a guide for this. Press alt+F4 and a window will pop up with instructions. It's not that hard. I've made a few myself.
You think I'm an idiot? I used to have this computer that froze, so I'd keep pressing Alt + F4 for the programs to close.