Wings...

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Espio

Wings...

Post by Espio »

Hi, just popped in to bother you with a tought;
Ever tought about Sonic's flying friends in Heroes, some of them is waaay too powerful. Look at little Cream (age 6), that can lift not only Rose with her flapping ears, but also Big the Cat (age 18)! Charmy Bee with his tiny wings, and Rouge the Bat have the same suuper-powers, lifting Vector and E-123 Omega (heavy metal/steel) like they are only carrying themself. Tails can pass, since he is only lifting Knuckles and tiny Sonic.
I know it is a cartoon-platformer, but at leat give me SOME realistic physics... :wink:

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Actually, as stupid as that sounds, it's a fair point. I thought the whole three-person mechanic was intrinsically flawed anyway, and in the case of the flight mode, it just looked fucking stupid.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

What actually aggravates me most about that is the way the characters on the bottom sway while you're in motion. It completely throws off any sense of depth perception and drags those platform-hopping bits into the ground.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Green Gibbon! wrote:What actually aggravates me most about that is the way the characters on the bottom sway while you're in motion. It completely throws off any sense of depth perception and drags those platform-hopping bits into the ground.
Yeah that pissed me off too.

But you can't argue for that kind of realistic physics when they even left realistic physics out of the gameplay. *cough* Bingo Highway. Fuck that level.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Another weird thing is that when you kick the character directly below you, the one on the bottom magically floats up to hold on to the flying character. I know it's just a game, but it's still kinda weird in a funny way.