...I'm looking for some sailors.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

...I'm looking for some sailors.

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Eh, this is what happens when I look at too many Japanese drama screencaps.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I don't get it...

And I don't get why everyone makes a big deal about the sailors thing. It lasts for like 5 minutes if you've learned Nozomi is your best source of information.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

But the thing is that it does happen. And in a game where the main character is overtly gay.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

KISS OFF TWIT

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

Were the prostitutes hanging outside of the bars blatantly prostitutes in the Japanese or PAL versions of the game?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Or Fuku-san, for that matter?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I don't remember where I read it, but the "prostitutes" at the bars are part of Japanese snack bars. Because the "snack" at Japanese bars isn't crackers, cookies, whatever, but means that the bar has these ladies employed by the bar that pretend to be interested in you and will talk to you (and get you to buy them drinks). Thereby increasing the bar sales.

So, not technically hookers. More like pretend hookups. That you pay for. So... semi-hookers?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Social hookers. So you don't look like such a loser to your fellow businessman.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

But if everybody knows you're only drinking with that hot chick because she's being employed by the bar to schmooze you into buying more drinks... there must be some other appeal to it?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

You're searching for logic in a land where sticking your finger up someone's ass is commonplace?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

^
History says different.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I think it's all been planned. And I'll tell you something else, there are ninjas living among us. It's an epic conspiracy and we're all sitting ducks.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

The world didn't perform a checkmate back then. It got all huffy and just knocked the chessboard off the table. Only instead of hands, they used atomic energy.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

They got a fair warning. We didn't.

In any case, I think Gibbon is right. I mean if there really are ninjas then we are pretty much done for. A single ninja with a bow and arrow can take out an entire black ops fireteam armed with suppressed M4/M203s and night vision equipment as well as an attack helicopter armed with a chin turret, rockets and missiles.

I hate that Tecmo ninja guy.

But even if they are taking over, I will survive because I already took the precaution of registering with Ninja Burger.

Jaden

Post by Jaden »

First off you know shit about history, FDR knew about Pearl Harbor about a week in advance but didn't act on it since he needed a way to get involved in WW2... And no one knew about the bombs, the crew didn't even know until the day before... And anyway the ninjas aren't the real problem, they'll just go after the President... What we need to worry about is the robots, both giant and small dancing, car selling ones...

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

FDR isn't "we." The attack was still unprovoked.

<POINTLESS ASIDE>And if he knew about it, you think he would have at least raised the alert level in the area so we could have mounted a proper (or better) defense. That way we can still use the "we got attacked excuse" and we wouldn't have as high a body count and our Navy would be more functional. But for the sake of not arguing we will assume our president had no common sense.</POINTLESS ASIDE>

Just because they didn't know we had the bombs didn't mean we didn't give them a chance to surrender.

In short. They started it (regardless of the actions or inactions of our president). We ended it. Now we are friends somehow and we buy their cars because ours suck.

And I wouldn't worry too much about mecha. With all the Minovsky particle shit they will be sitting ducks for our Abrams. The ninjas are the real threat. They can turn fucking invisible and have magical powers.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Jaden wrote:First off you know shit about history, FDR knew about Pearl Harbor about a week in advance but didn't act on it since he needed a way to get involved in WW2...
Yeah, I'll bet in the same way George W. knew about 9/11 in advance. :roll:

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Actually, I've seen a couple of documentaries that say that the Japanese actually tried to notify America with a declaration of war - but it ended up arriving too late due to amongst other things, not factoring in the differences in timezones.
FDR isn't "we." The attack was still unprovoked.
I know. How horrible! America would never invade a country without provocation . . .

Oh wait . . .

Jaden

Post by Jaden »

Wow you still have no understanding of what war is do you... Let's see it has to do will our rather quick ceasing of trading with them... And let's not forget we had most of the fleet parked in their backyard, which is provoking in most books... Also let's not forget the OSS(well they weren't that yet, but it still applies) working in Japanese controled countries... Then there is Naval bases near the borders getting increased shipments and troops... And any increase in defense would have alerted the Japanese since there was quite a few spies on the island at the time... And our Navy was far from crippled, in fact FDR and his Brain Trust knew that this would allow an increase of funds and make the Navy even stronger Also the rally public support for the war and thus get more soldiers... And any real problems we had in Pacific is maily due to MacArthur and his sense of pride, he foolishly risked most of the fleet on Philippines even though it servered real importance... I won't even get into the rest, I'm just showing that seeing the world as black and white leads to ignorance... I may not know everything but atleast I try to learn more... And you have no idea what Minovsky Physics is do you... If you are going to use a fake term atleast use it right...

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

It's bullshit fluff to explain why walking robots that are 15m tall aren't raped by modern MBTs. Something to do with radio interference and it's a side effect of the Gundam's hydro-thermonuclear fusion reactor. It doesn't make a lick of sense. And I don't really watch the show.

If worse comes to worse we can hop in our BattleMechs. Who needs a beam sword when you have TSM or an axe? I'd like to see an Atlas just kick the snot out of one of those Gundams.

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

Jaden wrote:DOT DOT DOT

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Segaholic2 wrote: Yeah, I'll bet in the same way George W. knew about 9/11 in advance. :roll:
Except, you know, this kind of served a purpose. To get out of the depression.

Grant

Post by Grant »

chriscaffee wrote: Just because they didn't know we had the bombs didn't mean we didn't give them a chance to surrender.
Actually, if I recall correctly, Japan had already surrendered before the US dropped the two bombs.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I think what happened is that they didn't surrender unconditionally so we bombed them into submission. I'm not saying I agree with the logic, but that's the way I understand it.