If there's a god, he hates me.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Grant

If there's a god, he hates me.

Post by Grant »

All year long, I've been cautiously optimistic about my Buffalo Bills. After they started the year 0-4, I pretty much lost all faith that the season would amount to anything.

Then, they started to turn it around. Suddenly, they had won six in a row and eventually they ended up 9-6 heading into the last game of the season. A win (with some outside help), and they could actually make the playoffs for the first time since I started really being a fan. When I was younger, I would like them, but mainly just because everyone in my family did.

Like I said, I'd been cautiously optimistic during the win streak, trying not to get too up or down no matter what happens.

Then this week, I'm looking forward to the game all week long. The Bills are hot, no one can stop them, and I think they can actually do it and make the playoffs despite their terrible start. Plus, the team they'll be playing will be putting in their back-ups since the game means nothing to them. Shouldn't be a problem.

And, of course, when it's all on the line, they lay an egg. I would've been the happiest guy in the world if Buffalo had won today, but no. Now I'm miserable.

And I know it's all because I was looking forward to it. Seriously. If I would have been as nonchalant about this game as I'd been for all of the other ones, they would've won. But because I really wanted the win, of course they lose.

I hate being a sports fan sometimes...

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

You watch football?

Pro football sucks. I'm no fan of any sports, but I'll watch college football games once in a while. Like how UT won the Rose Bowl yesterday. That was a good game.

Also, the Bills haven't been any good since the early '90s when Dallas kicked their butts in the Super Bowl every time.

Guuuh... HAL JORDAN!!! (2 drinks, bitchaz!!!)

Post by Guest »

Wasn't that the time when Joe Montana actually QB them??? Not sure... I haven't being a fan of the NFL all that long...

I was the ONLY xfl fan on mexico... maybe that's a bad clue...

El Cernex

Grant

Post by Grant »

Segaholic2 wrote:Pro football sucks. I'm no fan of any sports, but I'll watch college football games once in a while. Like how UT won the Rose Bowl yesterday. That was a good game.
That was a crazy, crazy fuggin' game.
Segaholic2 wrote:Also, the Bills haven't been any good since the early '90s when Dallas kicked their butts in the Super Bowl every time.
Ah, bite me.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Utah went undeafeted last night, first time a school from my conference went to a BCS bowl. And it was my school. Woo and such.

Also I still like pro football, I just get bored with watching a 3 hour game so instead I just check on whether or not my team won the next day on the net.

Nova

Re: If there's a god, he hates me.

Post by Nova »

Amazing Grant wrote:All year long, I've been cautiously optimistic about my Buffalo Bills. After they started the year 0-4, I pretty much lost all faith that the season would amount to anything.

Then, they started to turn it around. Suddenly, they had won six in a row and eventually they ended up 9-6 heading into the last game of the season. A win (with some outside help), and they could actually make the playoffs for the first time since I started really being a fan. When I was younger, I would like them, but mainly just because everyone in my family did.

Like I said, I'd been cautiously optimistic during the win streak, trying not to get too up or down no matter what happens.

Then this week, I'm looking forward to the game all week long. The Bills are hot, no one can stop them, and I think they can actually do it and make the playoffs despite their terrible start. Plus, the team they'll be playing will be putting in their back-ups since the game means nothing to them. Shouldn't be a problem.

And, of course, when it's all on the line, they lay an egg. I would've been the happiest guy in the world if Buffalo had won today, but no. Now I'm miserable.

And I know it's all because I was looking forward to it. Seriously. If I would have been as nonchalant about this game as I'd been for all of the other ones, they would've won. But because I really wanted the win, of course they lose.

Oh shut up, you sound like the BDK guy, but you don’t have a online comic to make us read your whining…

Grant

Post by Grant »

It could be worse. At least I don't write bad online poetry about it.

"Depression.

Darkness.

Red, white, navy blue, nickel gray.

Colors of failure.

These...

depress me.

And the
blade

cuts

my heart in pieces....

Depression."

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

*snap snap snap snap snap snap*

(Takes a sip of some expensive coffee)

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

*Plays bongos expressively to the tune of Para Los Rumbreos*

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Re: If there's a god, he hates me.

Post by plasticwingsband »

Amazing Grant wrote:All year long, I've been cautiously optimistic about my Buffalo Bills. After they started the year 0-4, I pretty much lost all faith that the season would amount to anything.

It could be worse. You might have hit a parked car.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Ooh. Yeah.

How did explaining it to your parents go?

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Better than expected. I'll just have to drive around with a dented van for a while.

Grant

Post by Grant »

That's good.

Any word from the parked car people?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Did I miss something?

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Yeah, she gave me a call about 40 minutes ago. I'm just glad I have insurance.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

It could be worse, you could be a Cubs fan.