Okay, so I'm not big fan of football and its video games...

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Those people are probably already living in hell, with them working 80 hours a week for 40 hours worth of pay. That's slave labor, I tells ya!

At least spit on the upper managament people. They are the ones that look rich, healthy, and sane.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Just after the NFL announcement, a friend of mine described EA as "that strange uncle who everyone said was crazy but he never tried to hurt you so you kind of got along with him, then all of a sudden one day he tries to run you over with his Cadillac."

I've always been pretty indifferent to EA's games since they don't really make anything that interests me, but at the same time, I never really looked down upon anything they did and I certainly never viewed them as harmful. Now in the span of one month, they've become my biggest goddamn enemy in the whole gaming industry. Seriously. Aren't they violating some kind of fair trade laws?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Unfortunately, no. But it may not even be entirely EA's doing, anyhow. Reports seem to suggest that what triggered all of this was actually the NFL itself -- they decided to go exclusive with one publisher, and EA was simply the company that could put up the largest bid for the liscence. It was a cash grab by the NFL.

ESPN's current liscensing agreement expires in 2006. After that, they can go with any publisher they wish. And I don't imagine they had much motive to stick with Sega anymore now that they can't use NFL properties in their games.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

....I thought the ESPN deal lasts 10 years at a minimum?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Yeah, how long was the ESPN contract with Sega? Was it really only 3 years?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Bah. It's official: <A HREF="http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24 ... ml">Sega's out</A>. Sad, sad, sad. Damn you, EA!

Jaden

Post by Jaden »

You know, I always felt bad that I never got to play Floigan Bros. or Ooga Booga... But maybe now that Sega doesn't have Sports games to fall back on they will start to make decent action-adventure games again... And shouldn't EA be brought under some anti-trust suits soon...

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

Chinga..

This is depressing. It's like November 3rd, only for Sega fans. What a dissappointment.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

The Panama Canal? Income tax? Sputnik 2? UNIX programmer's manual? Good Morning America? Bill Clinton?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Good Lord! I always suspected that EA was evil but, to paraphrase Simpsons, this crosses the line between everyday villainy and cartoon super villainy.

muke

Post by muke »

Light Speed wrote:Oh and on another interesting note, my dad met one of the main guys that made the Tiger Woods golf games, which I think is EA. After the first game was done, each year they had three fucking people work on the new one and they release it for 50 bucks. I'm sure there are more for the Madden games cause rosters change way more than golfers, but still. After each revamp they get like five 50 dollar games that sell really well and only cost as much as a port.
I can do you one better. My cousin used to caddy for Tiger before he hit it big. It's surprising he made it this far in the sport based on how he used to play.
And in response to roster changes, I think that it would be extremely profitable if they were to sell a mod every year that would update these things, or do it online for a fee.
Oh, and NFSU series rocked. Don't diss 'till you tried.
Last edited by muke on Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muke

Post by muke »

Esrever wrote:Meanwhile, in EA Sports news, we have this:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246574.asp

Look closely at that boxart, hmm?
We already have a fourm about this.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

My mistake. Allow me to travel back in time to December 15th, when I made that post, so that I may notify myself not to mention it, because in the future we are already having "a forum" about that subject.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I tried NFSU.

It sucked donkey balls.

I'll diss all I want.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Muke: Woof.