Sega is fucking up

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Jaden

Sega is fucking up

Post by Jaden »

Does anyone else remember that new Shining Force that was toted around E3, well its crap now... It's called Shining Force Neo plus it's no longer a strategy game but rather an action RPG with strategic elements... I doubt anyone else cares about this, but I feel that once again they are bastardizing a once great series to make crappy "re-invented" games... Just thought I put this out here... Also it may be a remake since the main character is named Max...

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Yeah mmhmm. I think you could have figured out the "action RPG" part from the TGS footage that was shown... Anyways, it looks somewhat decent (better than Shining Tears, anyway).

They're also making Shining Tears, Shining Force remake (GBA), and an additional, currently undisclosed, Shining Force title. So, maybe the last one will be the real Shining Force IV.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Shining Force Neo? I thought Shining Tears is supposed to be the action RPG? It's not the first such game in the Shining series, but it doesn't look like it's going to be any better than the previous ones, which is to say, outstandingly generic.

Camelot are no longer involved one way or the other, so I have no great expectations for Shining Force IV, either.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Oh wait, Shining Force Neo is the rumored Shining Force IV. So yeah, Jaden's right, it really is over.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Looks like Sega needs a lot of new blood. It would be great if the writers of the storyline of Sonic advance 3 and Sonic battle worked in Huge Sonic games like Heroes; That way we would have great graphics and great story…but they will still need someone to make the games fun.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Sonic Advance 3 had a story?

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Uh...Eggman makes Gmerl, you have to fight him

Fin

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Wasn't there a part in the Sonic Advance 3 story where Eggman split-up the world using Gmerl/Chaos Control?

Oh and about Shining Tears, Tim Rogers of Insert Credit fame seems to like it.

Then again, he also liked Jak II and I really hated Jak II.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Well I never actually played Sonic Advance 3, only heard things about it.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Protodude wrote:Well I never actually played Sonic Advance 3, only heard things about it.
Well, is not like we have many great new Sonic games. Sonic advance 3 is the best they have done so far and has a decent storyline and a good ending. Sonic battle sucks but it has the best script they have done since Sonic adventure 2.

And Heroes is not a good game, how many great games have halft of the people who played it saying it sucks?.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Sonic Advance 3's plot is very minimal, Sonic 2, 3&K, CD and Chaotix's plots all easily outshine it.

Sonic Battle is incredibley well scripted and plotted, especially considering what they had to work with in terms of the game and graphics - just imagine what they could do with actual cut scenes and animation instead of a very limited selection of sprites based upon promotional artwork. In pure story terms Battle is in every way superior to Sonic Adventure 2's offering.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Crazy Penguin wrote:Sonic Advance 3's plot is very minimal, Sonic 2, 3&K, CD and Chaotix's plots all easily outshine it.

Sonic Battle is incredibley well scripted and plotted, especially considering what they had to work with in terms of the game and graphics - just imagine what they could do with actual cut scenes and animation instead of a very limited selection of sprites based upon promotional artwork. In pure story terms Battle is in every way superior to Sonic Adventure 2's offering.
Well, know any site to download the script?.

I know Sonic advance 3 plot is minimal, but at least makes sense…not like the two previous advance titles.

“Sonic adventure was WOOOO SUPER SONIC VS A GOD! Super sonic wins end of story...â€￾ Mac

Sorry I just had to post this…in the other hand Sonic adventure was the only 3D Sonic game that all sonic fans like.

Sonic adventure 2 has more bugs and problems than Sonic adventure but the script and plot saves the game. It also suggest a possible origin for Sonic…that he was created by Gerard Robotnik after Shadow.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Battle's Museum page prettymuch spells out the plot, point by point.

Advance 3's plot must be absolute garbage to be outshined by Sonic 2's.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Sonic Adventures story at least made sense and filled in all the wholes at the end. It was great. SA2 had a lame copycat characterand the story wasn't terribly clear. Oh and if you are going to create the ultimate life form, why the fuck would you start with a hedgehog?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Is there any animal that could really be considered "ultimate"? He probably just pulled a name out of a hat.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

We'll see who's laughing when we all evolve into surly four-foot-tall hedgehogs, doubter.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Really, the ultimate life form is Keith Richards.
His ability to survive and endure makes grown men weep.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

"Listen, sonny Jim. Sleeping like this will add ten years to your life. I learned it from Keith Richards when I toured with the Stones.

"This may be the reason why Keith...cannot be killed by conventional weapons. "

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

I was alwyas confused why the prototupe of the ultimate life form was a lizard when the actual ultimate life form was a hedgehog.

Did Gerald have ADD or something?

Grant

Post by Grant »

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was because he originally thought that Perfect Chaos was the "ultimate life form", so he made something similar. Then, he realized that hedgehogs actually were or something and he created Sonic, and then after he went nuts, he created Shadow.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Did he forget that he created Sonic or something?

Grant

Post by Grant »

Well.. Shadow is the Anti-Sonic! He's the one that's supposed to actually extract Gerald's revenge.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Gerald created Sonic? :wtf:

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

It's a theory.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Is that an official statement? Or did a bunch of fans pull that out their ass?