So what do you think of Donkey Konga?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Argent Silver

So what do you think of Donkey Konga?

Post by Argent Silver »

I own a GameCube. I'm a percussionist. I'm definitely gonna have to pick up this game...

as long as it doesn't cost a crapload of money and suck more than Sega Soccer Slam.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Being a percussionist might actually make you dislike the game. The game is for people who know nothing about music and get smashed on the weekend. They think the game is hilarious.

Biby128

Post by Biby128 »

I like drums (it's in da blood). DK Konga will be whack but DK Jungle BEat will be better.

Argent Silver

Post by Argent Silver »

I think it would actually be pretty fun for me, because I have a good sense of beat and I can play pretty darn fast. Plus, I might actually be able to get someone in my family to play with me (of course that would mean I'd have to buy another set of bongo controllers). I really suck at those dancing games, but I bet I could really rock at this one. Besides, it looks more interesting than any of the other crap that's been coming out for GC lately. The only other things that seem good besides this are Tales of Symphonia and the new Zelda.

The Almighty Bunghole

Post by The Almighty Bunghole »

I personally don't like the idea. I prefer to see a proper DK platform game where you can stratch your own arse and pick things off the other Kongs back to eat and get your health back.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I'm just plain freaking sick of Donkey Kong. The original 1981 arcade game is a classic, it's true, and Donkey Kong Country is also pretty good. Entirely overrated, but still good. And, well, that's kind of it.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Donkey Kong Country kicked ass, but yeah it was just another 2D sidescroller. I think the 3D sprites is what everyone really liked. Hehe, 3D sprites.

Argent Silver

Post by Argent Silver »

I've never really played any Donkey Kong, besides the one time that I played the classic arcade game. I wouldn't buy Donkey Konga because it's got some stupid monkey in it; just because it looks like fun.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Light Speed wrote:Donkey Kong Country kicked ass, but yeah it was just another 2D sidescroller. I think the 3D sprites is what everyone really liked. Hehe, 3D sprites.
I never thought the DKC series was all that great and the only thing I found 'innovative' in the games were the "pretty" graphics. Am I the only one who thought those 3D-render sprites looked ugly?

Oni

Post by Oni »

I played it at a game convention. It was alright, but I beat the hardest song while I was there. @_@;

Argent Silver

Post by Argent Silver »

So, are you a musically inclined person, or was it just far too easy?

The Almighty Bunghole

Post by The Almighty Bunghole »

I'm just plain freaking sick of Donkey Kong. The original 1981 arcade game is a classic, it's true, and Donkey Kong Country is also pretty good. Entirely overrated, but still good. And, well, that's kind of it.
Agreed, but I wouldn't say overrated. I think the the technology used was quite impressive and the gameplay made the game a joy to play. I think the only problem with the first DKC was that it was too easy, with DKC 2, it was easy apart from the lost world and the same with DKC 3. But I think the thing that really let the game down were the bosses, they were far too easy, but the game was still fun to play.