If you saw Yuji Naka walking down the street...

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Yeah, the kids are retarded. I should kneecap them too.

Biby128

Post by Biby128 »

Maybe you're retarded.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Do you want to take a poll right now? Ok here it is.

Here are your options.

1) Sonic Heroes sucked
2) The kids (including Biby) are retarded

Biby128

Post by Biby128 »

OK Here are your options

1) Light Speed is retarded
2. Lightspeed is jealous because Sonic Team (And Biby) gets more money than Lightspeed in a minute more than he does in a year

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

In my opinion, Sonic Heroes wasn't just a bad Sonic game, it was a bad game overall.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

People often like bad games. Especially kids.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

And that doesn't make it a good game. Which is the point.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Sonic Heroes is the first Sonic game where I've just given up on trying to get the best ending, just because I know if I keep trying my controller is going to end up flying across the room. And it's a damn shame too, as I had pretty high hopes for it. Especially in the beggining, when everyone was saying it was gonna be a return to the earlier games.

I'm convinced that a Sonic game can't work in 3D. Why can't Sonic Team do what they did for Nights, or what Konami does for Klonoa? I mean, it could have 3D graphics. It just needs to be sidescrolling, because Sonic Team has no idea how to work a camera in a 3D game.

And also, they seriously need to cut down on the cast. Of course, this will never happen, but I miss the days when it was just Sonic, Tails, & Knuckles.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I'm convinced that a Sonic game can't work in 3D. Why can't Sonic Team do what they did for Nights, or what Konami does for Klonoa? I mean, it could have 3D graphics. It just needs to be sidescrolling, because Sonic Team has no idea how to work a camera in a 3D game.
I believe a Sonic game can work in 3D as the original Sonic Adventure came close to it. Though they really need to collaborate with some developmental group who is usually decent with camera angles in a 3D platformer *cough*EAD*cough*.

And Namco was responsible for Klonoa, not Konami. Hence the Pac-Man hat on Klonoa's head.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Ngangbius wrote: And Namco was responsible for Klonoa, not Konami. Hence the Pac-Man hat on Klonoa's head.
Ah, that's right, thanks. It's been a while since I've played Klonoa.

hello.jpg

Post by hello.jpg »

I liked Heroes. Of course, when I state that opinion here I'm completely wrong, should be kicked in the nuts and then be forced to conform with the rest of you, but the fact remains that I liked it. So... "nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah", I guess.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I'm just sick as hell of bottomless pits being the most frequent cause of death in these games - especially Heroes. I'd like to die because of the enemies once in a while, not the pits.

Remember back in the oldies? The pits were there, and they were a definite hazard, but they didn't fill each and every goddam level from start to finish. The only level that the pits were justified in was the Egg Fleet zone, because you'd expect in an arial fortress. You wouldn't in a jungle.

And if Heroes was to be a return to the classics, why did each and every water area instantly kill you? No trenching the bottoms? No bubles? No freaky countdown? Just, BOOM, yer dead - goodbye.

bcdcdude

Post by bcdcdude »

And why the hell are there enemies that take a ton of hits to destroy? I'm not so bothered about the early enemies - but the ones towards the end. You know - the ones with the giant hammer with the pointed hat. They are a pain in the arse to kill - and by that time - unless i have a team blast, i die and have to do the entire level again. Thus large dent in my carpet or something similar.

And yes - death to the bottomless pits! And the stupid move where you have to be in power formation and punch forward to get the other two characters in a ball in order to do a homing attack. Many a time i have fallen off setting myself up for that.

The Almighty Bunghole

Post by The Almighty Bunghole »

If you saw Yuji Naka walking down the street...
I'd Roshambo him for his job.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

bcdcdude wrote:And why the hell are there enemies that take a ton of hits to destroy? I'm not so bothered about the early enemies - but the ones towards the end. You know - the ones with the giant hammer with the pointed hat. They are a pain in the arse to kill - and by that time - unless i have a team blast, i die and have to do the entire level again. Thus large dent in my carpet or something similar.
When playing as a flight character, press 'switch' and 'action' at the same time and the Team Blast bar will fill up by one-third. Do it three times for a quick Team Blast.

^_^

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

The multi-hit enemies, especially the giant hammer guys, would've worked a lot better had the team aspect of the game been gone... a good enemy for Knuckles, but not for Sonic.
If you were just playing one character, and they de-emphasized bottomless pits Sonic Heroes would've been pretty cool.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I'd give heroes a 6 out of 10. alright to play, not good enough to buy. as for yuji naka, I would get his signature and praise his work. like someone said, its not everyday you see yuji naka. of course, i still hate him for making some shity sonic games, and if it were up to me, id tie his arms to a horse, his legs to another, make the horses run in opposite directions, and watch his body parts fly and the blood splatter. but of course, there are these damn things called "laws" that are stopping me....or would i be a hero if i killed him? :roll:

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

You'd draw and quarter him? Jeez, and I thought my kneecapping was pretty bad.

The reason I didn't like the game was just bad gameplay. The camera sucks, controls were unresponsive, physics obeyed the rule Naka, and the bottomless pits. I only died where it was my fault maybe a third of the time.

I was really trying to give the game a chance, I played through all 5 stories, but when you spend two hours trying to beat Bingo Highway with Team Dark only to fall down the same pit on the ramp at the end every single time you start to dislike the game. Just because it's called WaveBird doesn't mean the thing can fly when you throw it. I'm lucky it didn't hit anything and break.

daytonafathead
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by daytonafathead »

I can't possibly list all that i'd do if i saw HIM :evil: walking down the street. first of all, i'd kidnap him. then, id beat him with a hot skillet. then, i'd scream "WHERE THE @#$% IS NiGHTS PART 2????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#$%!@#%%$^!#^%^#$!. AND WHY WERE'NT SONIC CD AND CHAOTIX ON SONIC MEGA COLLECTION INSTEAD OF THE OOZE AND COMIX ZONE????!!!!!!!!!!!THEN, AFTER INHUMAN TORTURES THAT HITLER ONLY DREAMED HE HAD THE GUTS TO DO TO SOMEONE, I WOULD RIP OFF HIS FACE AND WEAR IT ON MINE (ala' Texas Chainsaw Mas.) AND POSE AS HIM FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE, CREATING BETTER SONIC GAMES." Then, i'd shake his hand. :shock:

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

......damn, and i thought i went overboard......talk about problems :lol:

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

daytonafathead wrote:AND WHY WERE'NT SONIC CD AND CHAOTIX ON SONIC MEGA COLLECTION INSTEAD OF THE OOZE AND COMIX ZONE????!!!!!!!!!!!
They had emulation problems. My guess is that SMC+ will have them.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

I think the "emulation problems" were a lame excuse for laziness.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Segaholic2 wrote:I think the "emulation problems" were a lame excuse for laziness.
Actually, I think they really did try to include Sonic CD. There's a video at Sonic Cult of an unfinished/beta version of SMC with Sonic CD as one of the selections.

daytonafathead
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by daytonafathead »

Protodude wrote:......damn, and i thought i went overboard......talk about problems :lol:
Thank you :shock:

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

donada