Post your artwork (56k warning)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

j-man wrote:I swear every time I post some art, like 5 or 6 posts later it's Silv nonchalantly dropping a piece that is, by default, about 5374864307019 times better than mine. WHY DON'T YOU JUST COME ROUND MY HOUSE AND SPIT IN MY FACE INSTEAD.
I'd say the same to everyone else who posts art on this thread, including you.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I rather enjoyed Executive Bread, but if you're going to be a little bitch about how someone is better than you, I'd rather not help you build your ego back up to its former, bloated state.

jk <3 <3

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

That dog makes me hot, Silv. Also, just out of curiosity, what program do you model with?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I use 3DStudio Max.

I borrowed it.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

It's really good. ;__;

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

There should seriously be a videogame for it, maybe even as a secret Nintendog.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Sorry to fucking bump, but here's another piece, a bit old though...
Enter: The Disco Pimpbot

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Sorry to bump? This thread has been revived countless times now. Cool pimpbot, by the way, but I think his fro should be BIGGER!

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I worked on another piece, here goes...

Not my best work by far but I guess the idea works well.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

I really like the expressions you (WW) put on the characters, you've really got that down. I think your gallery needs more color though. :)

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Thanks Silv, I'll take the advice on board. Good to see you're still coming up with these dinosaurs too. This new one has a nice thong too.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

He umm, wasn't talking to you.

I'd like to leave the post as just that but under the new REGIME I guess I better add more so I'll randomly state I really like G. Silver's colouring style and that Omni Hunter's pictures would be consideribly better in most cases if they didn't have such ghastly awful backgrounds (especially your lens flare fest a bit above, but that's "old" so I'll let it pass). The Robotnik pic is better than most of the rest for this but the shadow looks terrible against the backdrop and would've been better as an opaque block of colour, or well, not there at all.

Rargh.
Last edited by James McGeachie on Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WW

Post by WW »

Thanks for the kind words.
Aye, my gallery is a bit balnd, but I hate coloring my picks, so yeah. Anyone can feel free to color them though, just link back to me when you do.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

James McGeachie wrote:He umm, wasn't talking to you.

I'd like to leave the post as just that but under the new REGIME I guess I better add more so I'll randomly state I really like G. Silver's colouring style and that Omni Hunter's pictures would be consideribly better in most cases if they didn't have such ghastly awful backgrounds (especially your lens flare fest a bit above, but that's "old" so I'll let it pass).
Arf!? I guess so, I need to get out of the habit. I admit the lens flare was a mistake too. I'll stick with normal and white background stuff in future.
Thanks anyway James.

Besides, looking back at the pictures I do that are actually good, they all have plain backgrounds.

Edit:
I guess this is a definite improvement, I'll stick to it.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

He umm, wasn't talking to you.
Awkward! XD

I notice you inverted the lighting/shadow on your backgroundless Eggman, I think it worked better before. But I think it would be better for you to come up with backgrounds that look good as opposed to dropping them altogether, in the case of SkaBotnik here it's very clearly a full, space-hogging image, it has a certain stylishness and completeness to it. Without the background it's just another lame character drawing like I do. Getting in those background elements can make it a lot more interesting (your Afro Robot could use better ones for sure), but SkaBotnik is just overpowered by it.

James is definitly right about the shadow though, it looks out of place.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Yeah, no biggie dude, I know I need to improve and I need feedback to improve.
But lame character drawings? Please, don't put your work down, I love your style.
I think I could do with a better scanner too so I can scan with a better DPI, that way the lines should be clearer.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

What DPI are you scanning at now? I find I get clearer lines based on what the original drawing looked like and what sort of post-processing I do on it after the scan (like <a href="http://www.rothware.com/rvr67michael/im ... .gif">this one</a>). It seems like any DPI adjustments I make just effect the size of the image and never really improve the line quality so much. Though I do typically scan at 200-300 dpi which I suppose is as high as anything really needs to be? Does anyone know anything about this?

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

So did we all give up in the face of all those new rules? I hate doing two posts in a row!

I've long been envious of Gwilym's connection to musical events in his art (as if that kind of "purposeful" art is a more valuable thing), so I'm finally getting in on the action. This is a design for CWU's swing dance club's t-shirt this year. (Though I don't know for sure if they'll be using it..)

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

So did we all give up in the face of all those new rules? I hate doing two posts in a row!

Nah, I just got nothing good to show.

Oh, and nice pic. Love the black and red coloring and the movement of the dancers. I'd kill for the hat that dude's wearing. Tis' nice.

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

Click*

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Where the hell is Mighty?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

The same place he shows up in Heroes.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

He's DEAD! I still think it is sad that they left him out, but used Cream and all those other fags. The Sonic universe has way to many characters now.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I honestly think they should have stopped with Big. Big is actually kind of cool, but at the time of Sonic Adventure's release, everyone commented how retarded of a character he is. Ha. Compared to Cream, Shadow, Blaze, and those birds from Sonic Riders, Big looks absolutely awesome.