So, it's November 9th...

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Blue Gale
News Guy

So, it's November 9th...

Post by Blue Gale »

At about 9:00PM EST I'll be heading to Game Rush to pick up Halo 2 and then head to a release party. Anybody else got Halo-related plans tonight?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

No.

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

Segaholic2 wrote:No.

Blue Gale
News Guy

Post by Blue Gale »

Well...

So much for that.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Well I did, because unlike those bitches I think Halo was a really fun game. However the busiest week of the semester for me just happens to be this week so I'll be picking it up on Friday to ensure I get my work done. Fucking school.

Did I mention you guys are bitches?

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

It's the 9th where you are? Poopshoes.

Anyhow, I'm going to pick up my reserved copy tomorrow, if I can get a ride to EB.

From people who have already beaten the game, I hear it's a mixed bag. Better than the first game, but it sort of leaves you hanging at the end, so yeah, you've been warned.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I'm posting from a public computer and I just noticed that the monkeys hand in my avatar is going spastically out of control over here. I thought you all should know.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Well it looks like I'm a bit behind the curve. My copy should arrive by Wednesday, which is unfortunate because Tuesday would have been perfect as I just finished a math test (no homework) and I have just one class that day. Also I have a 3-hour night lab on Wednesdays that are like mental ass-rapes if that made any sense.

Fascinating. Almost every topic on this forum at some point delves into the realm of homoeroticism if only for metaphorical purposes.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I'm absolutely gagging for it. The release date here is the 11th, but I should be able to snag an early copy from work before then.

This month really is a big sequel month: Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2 and MGS3. It's depressing that this year's otherwise been kind of devoid of original titles, though. What else has there been other than Katamari?

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Let's not forget MechAssault 2. It's no Halo 2, but it is the sequal to argueably the most popular Xbox Live game next to Crimson Skies. It can't be all bad.

And I have to agree with you SuperKnux. Playing Halo is akin to a good blow job.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

chriscaffee wrote:And I have to agree with you SuperKnux. Playing Halo is akin to a good blow job.
Someone needs to get out more.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I was going to preorder it, but then I decided against it.

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

I preordered it maybe a week ago. I didn't see the point in preordering it some six months or a year ago or whatever people were doing.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I preordered it to get a free Zelda shirt of all things. About 2 days after Four Swords came out I preordered it to get my snazzy Sword Play tshirt.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I got a Sonic Heroes t-shirt.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

I got a fresh bottle of Drāno yesterday. Yosh!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

No. Halo 1 was OK, but it wasn't enough to make me want to get an X-box. It just felt like a slightly more polished than usual version of Goldeneye or whatever.

And since even X-box fans there will admit that there's not much else on the system that's a must-have ASIDE from Halo, I refrained from purchasing one.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

And since even X-box fans there will admit that there's not much else on the system that's a must-have ASIDE from Halo, I refrained from purchasing one.
Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ninja Gaiden, Jet Set Radio Future, Crazy Taxi 3, Knights of the Old Republic (and I don't even like Star Wars much), Fable, and the joy of having the best version of any multiformat release (Burnout 3, Prince of Persia etc).

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Dude, it's useless to fight against anti-(insert console of choice) factions. There are great games on all three of the major systems out right now, but if you don't own any particular one of those, you're less likely to look for what might be worth your money on those that you don't have sitting on your shelf. So it's customary to say: "There's nothing I want to play on it," which is just a self-reassuring way of saying, "I either can't afford it or feel some ridiculous moral need to remain fanboy pure from this evil company, so I don't feel like looking for things I might want to play on it."

Plus, in addition to the popular stuff (which, more often than not, is the least interesting of what's available), there are dozens of under-the-radar games that you find yourself enjoying despite the fact that they aren't well-received. One of the reasons I absolutely do not look at reviews until I've already played the games in question is because a bad review might deter me from trying a game I'd end up enjoying.

Point being, if you don't own a goddamn console, you have no right to judge any of its software library, let alone all of it.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Popcorn wrote:This month really is a big sequel month: Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2 and MGS3. It's depressing that this year's otherwise been kind of devoid of original titles, though. What else has there been other than Katamari?
I know what you mean about the sequel situation, Pop. Don't Viewtiful Joe 2, Prince of Persia 2, Rachet and Clank 3 and Jak 3 all come out this month, too? I'm not interested in some of those titles, mind you, but still... even if the industry has been suffering from sequel-itus for years, I can't remember a holiday season when so many big budget, high profile sequels came out all at once. And what else is there? Anything? Anything at all?

I think the ONLY original games that I have bought (or will buy) this year are Katamari and Alien Hominid. But Katamari isn't a holiday release, and Hominid's gameplay is such a throwback that it hardly seems fair to consider it a wholy original game anyhow. Where are the Viewtiful Joes and BG&Es of X-mas 2004?

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

While I agree with that, the last sentence seems odd. Are you saying that, therefore, you should see every movie that's ever released, even if it doesn't interest you in the slightest?

(Edit-- this is in reply to GG!. Get the fuck outta the way, Es.)

Segata

Post by Segata »

I actually forgot which day Halo 2 came out. I walked into Target fairly early this morning (having stayed home sick) thinking I'd conveniently be able to buy it while most people were at school/work and the clerk was like "Uhh... we can't actually sell those until tomorrow."

Shiiiiit.

Looks like I won't be able to get it until tomorrow evening, and probably not the Limited Edition.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Are you saying that, therefore, you should see every movie that's ever released, even if it doesn't interest you in the slightest?
If you're going to pass final judgment on it. If you aren't interested in it, it's fine not to watch it, but you can't say definitively that you don't like it until you've watched it. With movies, though, you've got one universal standard, so you're less likely to make broad generalizations than you are about games for a particular game console.

For the entire 16-bit era, when I only owned a Genesis, I constantly (usually successfully) convinced myself that there was no reason to buy an SNES.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

If you're going to pass final judgment on it. If you aren't interested in it, it's fine not to watch it, but you can't say definitively that you don't like it until you've watched it.
I totally and completely agree, but is Zeta saying he definitely doesn't like Xbox there?