Cover hog

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Cover hog

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I'm updating the museum timeline and I'm looking for covers of all the games, all regions. I remember Sonic Jam had all of them up to that point and I also remember reading on Solly's site that there was some way to extract them... anyone remember how that's done?

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

It's not even that difficult. All of the data for the Sonic JAM Manuals is in .TIF format, which is easily openable by any sort of respectable image editing software.

As for the actual cover art itself, beyond the cover art for the manuals (which is basically the same as the box art), I'm not entirely sure. From what I can remember you could open that sort of data in PSP in RAW, but there wouldn't be any color or anything. There was also an editor, Suzy or something, with a Saturn image file plugin, which I'd assume that's what you're talking about.

Beyond that, can't help you.

Segata

Post by Segata »

You can find really high-quality scans of Saturn titles <<here>> and if you surf around a bit through the folders at <<Sega's FTP>> you can find really, really high quality images of the front covers. I assume those are actually the files that were printed.

Not what you were asking, but hopefully it helps, at least for newer stuff.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

As for stuff coming offa Sonic Jam, someone already went to the trouble of converting the images.

ftp://sonikteam.dyndns.org:1337/pub/Cryomancer/ <-- FTP, mind. However, CRC errors prevent two of the images to extract correctly.

<u>Offtopic</u>
ftp://sonikteam.dyndns.org:1337/pub/New%20Folder/ <-- Hi-Q Sonic CD Opening and Ending from SMC, w/ JP music.

Segata

Post by Segata »

Psxphile wrote:<u>Offtopic</u>
ftp://sonikteam.dyndns.org:1337/pub/New%20Folder/ <-- Hi-Q Sonic CD Opening and Ending from SMC, w/ JP music.
I need a user name and password. Do you know of one?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

High-Quality? Better than the movie files that are included on the PC version of Sonic CD?

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Segata wrote:
Psxphile wrote:<u>Offtopic</u>
I need a user name and password. Do you know of one?
anomynous/anomynous
High-Quality? Better than the movie files that are included on the PC version of Sonic CD?
Yes.

Strike that... hell yes.

Edit: Ack. Server's being wiped. You won't be able to access the movies, though the Sonic Jam image archive is still going to be there another couple of days, at the least.

I need to find a stable host for those vids.