I want a picture of Popcorn

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
big_smile
Drano Master

I want a picture of Popcorn

Post by big_smile »

I was browsing through the <<history section>> of the Sega Wow site and noticed that they were the development team responsible for Sega Sonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol and Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car. However, they actually produced a third arcade game, Sonic Popcorn, which was released in 1993 (the same year as Cosmo Fighter and a year before Waku Waku).

Unfortunately, there is no information or pictures about the game. It could just be a translation error (for example, Waku Waku is translated as "The Sonique police car / frame frame marine (the Spain version)", which has to be an error as there is no mention of a Japanese version).

Whilst on the subject of the Sonic Arcade games, here is the <<hitmaker>> page that references Sega Sonic Arcade.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Why the heck is this thread called "I want a picture of Popcorn"? I'm so confused.

Never mind, I just woke up and missed the meaning. Whoa.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Wow! It really is a popcorn maker machine. Now I'm curious to see how it works.

Now, remind me--which former development teams make up Sega WOW? I know Overworks was one so which one was the other?

Dash

Post by Dash »

Isn't the other one Amusment Vision?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Huh, I had no idea those games were that recent. Nice find.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

What's Waku-waku Marine have to do with Patrol Car? Is it another version of the same game?

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Dash wrote:Isn't the other one Amusment Vision?
No. I think those guys merged with Smilebit.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The other one was Wow Entertainment, stupid. It was a division by itself before it absorbed Overworks. They were AM1, I think.

According to <a href="http://www.sega-mechatro.com/products/d ... html">this site</a>, the SegaSonic Popcorn Shop had three flavors: plain salted, butter, and curry.

Curry?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I don't know about you, but I enjoy my curry-flavored popcorn just like everyone else.

...Yuck.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I knew the Japanese liked curry, but I didn't know they liked it <i>that</i> much...

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I'd be willing to try curry popcorn, especially if it was served by Sonic. Wowee!

Incidentally, I don't get how people can eat popcorn salted, you guys are nuts.

Pistol

Post by Pistol »

hmm speaking somewhat of the arcade games, has anyone in the forum played segasonic in its cabinet? of all my years lurking and gathering sonic info off the net since i was young, i haven't really come across anyone else that has. i played it when i was quite young at a huge toy store called Hamley's in London on a family trip. From what I remember, the store's basement which housed (may still house) a large arcade that was sponsored by Sega. They had all sorts of lovely Sonic related items, such as a Segasonic-y button (pin,badge) machine where you could get a button for a quarter, the Segasonic arcade cabinet (with that sexy trackball :razz: ) and *purrs in delight* plushees of not only the original animals, but eggman himself and sonic. ALL the animals were represented too, but you had to win tickets to cash them in. I remember throwing a tantrum because we had to leave, but all I ended up with was two of the buttons.

Dache

Post by Dache »

Pistol wrote:hmm speaking somewhat of the arcade games, has anyone in the forum played segasonic in its cabinet?
Yes.

Pistol

Post by Pistol »

seems london used to be quite the segasonic hotspot then. Hamley's as well?

Dash

Post by Dash »

The other one was Wow Entertainment, stupid.
Yeah, well.....you're GAY.

But seriously, thanks for clearing that up. I kinda forgot about them. What's Sega WOW working on now anyway?

EDIT: **Looks at Sega WOW's site before he's told "Check out thier front page, stupid."**

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Altered Beast(meh) and a couple of Shining series games.

Dache

Post by Dache »

Pistol wrote:Joined: 23 May 2004

seems london used to be quite the segasonic hotspot then. Hamley's as well?
Segaworld, which is now Funland, in the Trocadero. They got rid of it years ago. It was next to two Sonic Championship cabinets.

The Almighty Bunghole

Post by The Almighty Bunghole »

Segaworld, which is now Funland, in the Trocadero. They got rid of it years ago. It was next to two Sonic Championship cabinets.
You should be so lucky. The SegaWorld in Sydney didn't have much all to do with Sonic other than some ticket prizes and posters. And the food was called things like "Diamond Dust Burger" and "Volcano Valley something". Pity they closed, it was a really fun place.

Lakwren

Post by Lakwren »

Pistol wrote:hmm speaking somewhat of the arcade games, has anyone in the forum played segasonic in its cabinet? of all my years lurking and gathering sonic info off the net since i was young, i haven't really come across anyone else that has. i played it when i was quite young at a huge toy store called Hamley's in London on a family trip. From what I remember, the store's basement which housed (may still house) a large arcade that was sponsored by Sega. They had all sorts of lovely Sonic related items, such as a Segasonic-y button (pin,badge) machine where you could get a button for a quarter, the Segasonic arcade cabinet (with that sexy trackball :razz: ) and *purrs in delight* plushees of not only the original animals, but eggman himself and sonic. ALL the animals were represented too, but you had to win tickets to cash them in. I remember throwing a tantrum because we had to leave, but all I ended up with was two of the buttons.
Hamley's? I still go there. If you mean that underground place, I went there and it has consoles and games and it's so awesome, but I don't remember a sega arcade thing. There were 4 TV screens attached to a post thingamajig, which were surrounded with game console controllers with a random game. They usually sucked, though. There was a seperate room though, with arcade games but most were racing and shooting crap.

Yay for my first post.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I went to SegaWorld when it opened...I still have the photos somewhere. I must've only been something like 9 or 10, 'cause NiGHTS was still pretty new as I played it there. They had this thing where you paid a flat rate for entrance but all games were free...except the fucking place was so packed I hardly got to play anything. I remember playing Sonic The Fighters for a couple rounds, until some bastard girl threw me off to continue her session, so I swore at her and ran away. Metal Slug and NY Gunblade got sessioned by me and my brother, as well as a few games I don't remember (although I swear I played Virtua Fighter 3tb) and, of course, SegaSonic Arcade. All I remember is that I had no clue who Ray was (I thought he was a monkey, but I recognised Mighty from Chaotix of course), that my Dad can't play games for shit, and that the damn trackball kept pinching the skin of my palm. We went on a couple rides, but some weren't working yet. The one in the basement with the tanks was awesome though.

Ah, memories.

-wyvern

Post by -wyvern »

You mean segaworld sydney CLOSED? I loved that place. It took an entire afternoon of irritating dad to get him to go. Damn... I feel sad now, as if mourning for a long lost memory... Excuse me everyone.