Passable Dreamcast emulation now possible!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
The Almighty Bunghole

Post by The Almighty Bunghole »

What about Saturn emulation? How can Dreamcast emulation be further along than Saturn emulation?!
That's because they have to emulate 3 different processors at the same time, plus all the other shit with it. A Saturn emulator will actually take more processing power from a pc than a Dreamcast emulator. Same reason 32X & Mega CD emulation took longer cause the emulator had to emulate both the Mega Drive + either of the two, or in the cause of 32X CD games, all 3 machines. The best Saturn emu at the moment would be Satourne. It's making the best progress and it's the only Saturn emulator being updated.

The Dreamcast on the other hand, only has to have one processor to emulate plus the rest, not to mention all the DC hacking, the availability of dc developmental tools and advanced technology has helped speed up the emulation of the Dreamcast.
You mean a Saturn emulator for Dreamcast? I don't think my heart can take kind of excitement.
Which is good, cause from what I've heard, it's impossible or damn close to impossible..

Segata

Post by Segata »

SuitCase wrote:<b>I don't think my heart can take kind of excitement.</b>
You still living in 1999 or something?
Huh?

SuitCase

Post by SuitCase »

<b>Huh?</b>
A Saturn emulator for Dreamcast lost relevance quite a while ago, so I'm wondering why you were wetting your pants over the mention if it.

<b>Which is good, cause from what I've heard, it's impossible or damn close to impossible.</b>
I heard it might be quite a bit easier on a Dreamcast. SH4 processors are backwards compatible with SH2s to an extent.

Segata

Post by Segata »

SuitCase wrote:<b>Huh?</b>
A Saturn emulator for Dreamcast lost relevance quite a while ago, so I'm wondering why you were wetting your pants over the mention if it.
I know it's most likely impossible, I was just saying that if it was, that would be incredible.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

His point was that it was rumored and debunked almost 5 years ago. So you're a little late.

Segata

Post by Segata »

Wonderful.

The Almighty Bunghole

Post by The Almighty Bunghole »

I heard it might be quite a bit easier on a Dreamcast. SH4 processors are backwards compatible with SH2s to an extent.
Might be true, I'm not tech freak. But even then, the Saturn has not one, but 2 SH-2 processors plus and SH-1 processor, so if you that's matchs, we require and SH-5. :p