Sonic the Hedgehog: Nenrikichan sakusen?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
The Scarlet Scorpion

Sonic the Hedgehog: Nenrikichan sakusen?

Post by The Scarlet Scorpion »

I came to a conclusion recently that I've been meaning to post here for some time, but only now am I getting around to it. It concerns occassional spy/habitual jewel thief/h-doujinshi fodder Rouge the Bat, and her inspiration.

Now I know Brazilian Cara has often postulated that Rouge is in fact a characture of famed actress Halle Berrie, but this has been repeatedly dismissed as being wrong, if not for the mere fact that Ms. Berrie's boobies aren't that big in proportion to the rest of her. However, I do believe that Rouge is based off of someone, albeit a fictional character.

In America, we have sometimes had large-chested female thieves prone to selling out their services to anyone willing to foot the bill. No, not that kind of services, you degenerates. I mean services of the mercinary kind. However, DC Comics's Catwoman and Marvel Comics's The Black Cat tend to only have sizable hooters when their artists feel like it (the former during the extensive run of Jim Balent on "Catwoman" Volume One during the '90s, and the later on a "Spider-Man" mini-series which has been stuck in limbo for a year or two). However, in Japan (and sometimes in Italy), there has been one woman who has been almost unerringly portrayed as decidedly stacked, one criminal who stands head, shoulders, and cleavage above the rest. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

Mine Fujiko!

Yes, that's right, I think that Sonic Team was influenced by the works of Katou "Monkey Punch" Kazuhiko to the point that they did their own take on the "Lupin III" comic book anti-heroine. Just think about it: the curvacious figure, the small "I know more than you and you don't care, do you?" smile with bedroom eyes, the high-heeled jumpsuit; lest we forget about her lusty attitude (mostly, presumably toward Knuckles) and obvious flaunting of her sexiness.

Okay, so my only justification for this theory is that they're both sexpots. But isn't that good enough?

P.S.: Okay, yeah, during Frank Miller's run on "Batman" he re-wrote Catwoman's origin so that she was a skanky lesbian prostitue who was shagging an underage hooker friend of hers who, might I add, was eternally strung out on drugs, but "Batman: Year One"/"Batman: The Dark Knight Returns"/"Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again" were written out of mainstream DC continuity and now occuppy a place in an "Elseworlds" parrarell universe. 'Cause they sucked.

P.P.S.: And yes, I do know that I got my title for this thread from possibly the only time that Fujiko was depicted as not having massive breasts and wide, wide hips: the notoriously bad "Lupin III" live action film. I'm into irony.

Oh, and Del, I hope these spaces aren't too bid for you. :lol:

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

(quote)Now I know Brazilian Cara has often postulated that Rouge is in fact a characture of famed actress Halle Berrie, but this has been repeatedly dismissed as being wrong...(quote)
Ok people, try to imagine a Rouge hat/mask (white fur, big ears, black nose) where the only things non-covered up are the eyes and everything under the nose.
Now, imagine Halle dressed just like her (fake wings, high heeled jump-suit, long gloves).
And now, put the hat/mask in her...pronto!

But anyway, she was probably inspirated in that slutty mercenary.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

In an interview Sonic Team confirmed that Rouge was based on a Latin-American star. I think it was Jennifer Lopez, but I might be wrong. I'll see if I can find the interview.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Okay, so my only justification for this theory is that they're both sexpots. But isn't that good enough?
Yes, yes it is. Rouge's 'skin' i.e. the bit around her mouth is darker than most characters, semi-proving your latino claims. Kinda.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

In an interview Sonic Team confirmed that Rouge was based on a Latin-American star.
That's interesting, I don't remember hearing that one. I'd like to see that interview.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

That explains her strange Spanish accent in that crappy Flash Sonic Heroes parody.

Or was it Russian?

Or Slavic?

Gaelic?

Or maybe the weird woman they convinced to do the voice was just incredibly drunk at the time?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

big_smile wrote:In an interview Sonic Team confirmed that Rouge was based on a Latin-American star. I think it was Jennifer Lopez, but I might be wrong. I'll see if I can find the interview.
I remember that interview, I think it might have been with Hoshino, or one of the other art guys.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Locit wrote:
Yes, yes it is. Rouge's 'skin' i.e. the bit around her mouth is darker than most characters, semi-proving your latino claims. Kinda.
Or maybe she's just a cartoon bat.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

A sexy cartoon bat with breasts that jiggle when she jumps!~!!!!#13!!@211!OMGGGGGGGGG:S:GS:!@$@!@$$#@T#;oja;kjlgta;kjgdaaaaa

Grant

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog: Nenrikichan sakusen?

Post by Grant »

The Scarlet Scorpion wrote:P.S.: Okay, yeah, during Frank Miller's run on "Batman" he re-wrote Catwoman's origin so that she was a skanky lesbian prostitue who was shagging an underage hooker friend of hers who, might I add, was eternally strung out on drugs, but "Batman: Year One"/"Batman: The Dark Knight Returns"/"Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again" were written out of mainstream DC continuity and now occuppy a place in an "Elseworlds" parrarell universe. 'Cause they sucked.
Year One and DKR sucked? Are you kidding?!

Absolute BLASPHEMY.

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn »

A sexy female jewel thief... that doesn't take a heck of a lot of inspiration. Rouge isn't based on anyone. Rouge is just #24 in the Great List of Clichés.

This is a franchise that started off with a frenetic blue hedgehog, a twin-tailed flying fox and an egg-shaped baddie. THAT's original. Rouge is not. Neither is Cream, for that matter. About the only slightly wierd thing about her is the tendency to use cute little creatures as projectile weaponry. Otherwise she's as normal as a brick wall. Shadow. Sonic's evil twin. Yeesh.

They've lost it. I'm tellin' ya, they've lost it.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Amy - an obsessive pink nightmare of a girl who is like the stalker from Hell. She's 12 and she wants to get married, even if she has to give her groom a severe concussion to do it.

Knuckles - Intriguing character design and interesting backstory aside, he's a fucking gliding echidna.

Big - Retarded fat purple anthropomoprhic cat who spends all of his with a seemingly normal frog. That he may or may not have a sexual relationship with.

The Scarlet Scorpion

Brazillian Cara wrote:Ok people, try to imagine a Rouge hat/mask (white fur, big ears, black nose) where the only things non-covered up are the eyes and everything under the nose.
Now, imagine Halle dressed just like her (fake wings, high heeled jump-suit, long gloves).
And now, put the hat/mask in her...pronto!
I think you may have just invented a new fetish.

The Scarlet Scorpion

Amazing Grant wrote:
The Scarlet Scorpion wrote:P.S.: Okay, yeah, during Frank Miller's run on "Batman" he re-wrote Catwoman's origin so that she was a skanky lesbian prostitue who was shagging an underage hooker friend of hers who, might I add, was eternally strung out on drugs, but "Batman: Year One"/"Batman: The Dark Knight Returns"/"Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again" were written out of mainstream DC continuity and now occuppy a place in an "Elseworlds" parrarell universe. 'Cause they sucked.
Year One and DKR sucked? Are you kidding?!

Absolute BLASPHEMY.
Grant! Wait! Put down that axe! I didn't mean --

*HACK! HACK! HACK! HACK!*

AAAAaaaaaaaaauuugh!

*Splatter-bleed, splatter-bleed...*

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn »

Zeta wrote:
Amy - an obsessive pink nightmare of a girl who is like the stalker from Hell. She's 12 and she wants to get married, even if she has to give her groom a severe concussion to do it.

Knuckles - Intriguing character design and interesting backstory aside, he's a fucking gliding echidna.

Big - Retarded fat purple anthropomoprhic cat who spends all of his with a seemingly normal frog. That he may or may not have a sexual relationship with.
Amy: yeah, but I like to think she's not a Sonic Team mistake... as soon as ST got her, they gave her a giant yellow bopper-hammer and made her acceptable. And a flying red moody rasta homie anteater loner is something I'd consider original.

Big, though, Big sucks for more reasons than lack of originality.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

as soon as ST got her, they gave her a giant yellow bopper-hammer and made her acceptable.
Actually, that was AM2...

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn »

Ah, whoever. ST kept it.

If I knew anything at all about Bean & Bark I'd mention them.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

For the longest time, I was convinced Bark was a deformed Husky. Afterall, callin a polar bear "Bark" makes no fucking sense.

I'd love to see Bean introduced into a "proper" Sonic game as one of the villains, though: insane terrorist anarchist duck who wants to blow up society and rebuild it from the ground up. A fowl concept.

Grant

Post by Grant »

The Scarlet Scorpion wrote:
Grant! Wait! Put down that axe! I didn't mean --

*HACK! HACK! HACK! HACK!*

AAAAaaaaaaaaauuugh!

*Splatter-bleed, splatter-bleed...*

*Drops the axe on the bloody carcass beneath him, looks at the camera straight in the eye, and in a perfect John Wayne impersonation..*

That'll teach you to leave long spaces, you bloody Poland-forgetting terrorist.

*Big grin and WINK!*

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Odd that the Scarlet Scorpion didn't really seem to do much Scorpioning. But at least now he's actually scarlet.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Zeta wrote:

Amy is not really original, don’t you see anime?. A girls thats is obsessed with a boy is a common thing in Anime.

Even if they started with Sonic CD in 1992 is still not original...

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yes, but not usually to the point where she's near homocidal and has lucid hallucinations about giving birth to his children.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Green Gibbon! wrote:
In an interview Sonic Team confirmed that Rouge was based on a Latin-American star.
That's interesting, I don't remember hearing that one. I'd like to see that interview.
I finally found it

■今回の新キャラ、シャドウとルージュについて、どういったコンセプトから 考案されたのでしょう?
■ From what concept was it devised about this new KYARA, shadow, and rouge?

シャドウに関して。
Be related with a shadow.

まずゲームのキーワードとして最初に「2P対戦」というテーマがありました。 一方シナリオでは、「ソニックに非常に似た外見を持っている」という条件があり、 これらをうまく満たしたキャラクター作りが、今回の僕の使命でした。
The theme "2P Waging war" was in the beginning as a keyword of a game first. On the other hand in the scenario, making the character which there are conditions of "having the appearance which resembled SONIKKU very much", and filled these well was this mission of mine.

まず実際に遊んでいるところ、具体的には、2人が並んで走っている場面を想像したみたところ、 「あ、そうだ、走りのフォームをソニックとは変えてみよう」と思い付きました。 よく似たキャラクターでも、それぞれが印象的に見えるようにするには、いいアイディアじゃないかなと。 で、ちょうどその頃は、さすがにオリンピックからはずいぶんと経ってましたが、 まだまだスピードスケートの清水選手の活躍が印象に強かった頃で、「これだ!」と。 ソニック=走るに対して、シャドウには滑走させてみようと考えたわけです。 というワケで、シャドウは最近はやりのエクストリーマーというよりも、ゴリゴリのスプリンターなんですよ。 走り出しのフォームなんか、スピードスケート男子100Mのロケットダッシュを結構意識して作っています。 是非遊んでみて下さい。
When two persons specifically tried to have imagined the scene which is locating in a line and running the place which is actually lying idle first, it was happened to think ", with SONIKKU, I will change あ and the form which runs right [ that ]." Kana which is not a good idea in order to make it each look impressively also as for the well alike character. Although it came out and had passed at the time fairly from the Olympic Games truly exactly, when activity of Shimizu of speed skating was still strong to the impression, it is with "it is this." SONIKKU = it is the reason it was considered that it would receive running and would glide a shadow.
In WAKE to say, a shadow is the sprinter of GORIGORI rather than an EKUSUTO reamer popular recently. In the form of run 出し etc., it is making very well being conscious of the rocket dash of speed-skating boy 100M. Please play by all means.

次に、ルージュに関して。
Next, be related with rouge.

今までのシリーズに無かった、「ちょっとセクシー系」のキャラを作ることになっったのですが、何しろ、 デフォルメキャラですので、かなりの試行錯誤が必要でした。 お色気度の足し算・引き算とか。衣装も、奇抜になりすぎず、かといって凡庸であってもならずって感じで。
Although it was なっった, since it was deformation KYARA, remarkable trial and error were required anyway to make KYARA of "being a sexy system just for a moment" which was not in old series. Addition and subtraction of the degree of sex appeal. It is ずって touch if it is even if clothes do not become novel too much, either but are mediocre.

その結果、日本でもジェニファー・ロペスとかが有名ですが、ラテン系の女性のセクシーさをちょっと 借りてみようかと思ったのが、決定稿のヒントになっていますね。肌とかも褐色で。 ナックルズと同等の能力を持つキャラクターなんですが、エレガントに蹴り技主体のアクションにまとめて、 差別化を図っています。
Consequently, although Jennifer ROPESU is famous also for Japan, is having thought whether the sexiness of the woman of the Latin system would be borrowed just for a moment the hint of a determination draft? The skin is brown. Although it is a character with capability equivalent to NAKKURUZU, it collects into action of a kick work subject elegantly, and differentiation is attained.

^_^

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I wish that damn Lopez woman would stop calling me. Rouge or no, I don't have time for her anymore.