Phantasy Star Online - Blue Burst (Open ß Test)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Segata

Phantasy Star Online - Blue Burst (Open ß Test)

Post by Segata »

I believe this hasn't yet been posted here or at the old boards. Also, this isn't completely legitimate, so if any moderators have a problem with this, feel free to remove it.

The <<PSO Cheats>> community, though ridden with incoherent twelve year olds, has figured out a way to get in on the newly released PSO Blue Burst beta testing. For the main instructions, click on the pinned topic, "HOW TO PLAY PSOBB". Make sure you look around before asking questions. There's a long pinned thread that will answer most questions you may have. I had a little trouble setting up Japanese typing support so that I could actually type in the game, but <<this>> thread helped a lot.

It's a bit of a pain to set up and is all in Japanese, but with a little common sense and some help from the threads in that forum section, it's still very playable with a little PSO know-how.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Yeah, I don't really care if you discuss stuff like this. I don't know about the other mods, but I doubt they're going to do anything about it.

Actually, I'm kind of interested in that. Is the full version released yet, and is there an English language option? I'd really like to see those guys make another LAN exe so I can play this with my friends.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Full version is released the exact same day the beta ends (June whatever).

The beta does not have an english language option (and, infact, it is very difficult to figure out how to speak english using the beta), but I have no doubt in my mind that the retail release will have english.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The original had English language options because they had planned to release it in the US, but it never happened. Unless they're planning to try it again with Blue Burst, I doubt they'd go out of their way to include the English language option (especially considering there's more content).

daytonafathead
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by daytonafathead »

Why would it be called "Blue Burst"? Why not Phantasy Star Online steps on a smurf? :shock:

SuitCase

Post by SuitCase »

It's not worth the effort. You need to set all this Japanese IME stuff that keeps dropping out because PSO isn't a properly supported app, it still crashes on alt-tab, and in general.. I mean.. come on. Isn't it just episode 2? Might as well keep playing the mostly-English original PSO PC.

I just can't see anyone bothering when you need to switch into the language settings every time you want to play the game.

Segata

Post by Segata »

SuitCase wrote:It's not worth the effort. You need to set all this Japanese IME stuff that keeps dropping out because PSO isn't a properly supported app, it still crashes on alt-tab, and in general.. I mean.. come on. Isn't it just episode 2? Might as well keep playing the mostly-English original PSO PC.

I just can't see anyone bothering when you need to switch into the language settings every time you want to play the game.
Well, if anyone doesn't own Episode I & II for GC or Xbox, this could give them a sample of the new features, though I've yet to see anything really significantly better. Granted, the language part is annoying, but it's not difficult to switch.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Blue Burst has its share of new features... Including all the Ep1 and 2 content, theres a new level with new enemies (Granted, one new level and a few new enemies aren't much, but that's the best we can expect from Sonic Team these days), as well as a sort of FF11 Link Shell-like chat system that lets you communicate in real time chat with others that aren't in the same game as you.

It's not much, but its better than nothing right?

I'm still going to stick to the lonely path that is PSO on GC.