With great power comes great opportunity to abuse it.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Hmmm...Flying is out of the question because I'm wuss at heights...Super Strength...I'm not that type of person. Ya know I'll say the hell with it and go with ability to speak with animals. If I want someone to be squished, I'll get an elephant, if I wanted a flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz reactnament, I'll talk with monkeys, if I wanted any supervillian destroyed I'll order a stampede, etc.

That or psychic powers...maybe.
~Neo

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Not only do I not have to call the next day
Do gay guys have to worry about that sort of crap at all?

A few weeks ago I was hanging out with a buddy playing Mario 3 or something. His roommate left to go somewhere, leaving the two of us alone, and I jokingly commented: "Great, now we can have butt sex." And he said: "We could, too. It's a shame neither of us wants to."

That's the main problem with being a straight guy. For whatever reason, girls don't want to just fuck. Like, there's all kind of shit that has to go along with it. In a guy's world, you'd just walk up to some nice chick, quite possibly one you've never met before, say: "Hey, wanna fuck?" and they'd be like, "Okay, sure." Then you'd walk off to wherever, get it done in fifteen minutes, go on your separate ways, and neither of you would have to deal with each other ever again.

If gay guys think the same way, then it must be paradise for you lot.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

My superpower?
GET TO THE 7th SENSE!!!
(only Saint Seiya/Knights of Zodiac/Cavaleiros do Zodiaco fans will get that one).

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Do gay guys have to worry about that sort of crap at all?
I have no idea. I've never experienced sex first-hand. And I'm a big, mushy, sentimental, romantic sop, so chances are that I'd be the one who wanted a day-after call and not recieve it.
If gay guys think the same way, then it must be paradise for you lot.
That's the stereotype, but the gay guys I've met (including me) usually don't feel that way. Most want a long-term relationship, but there has been the occasional random screw - but it really only happens as much as an easy straight screw.

I tend not to be drawn toward the "stereotypical", debauched, random orgy gay guy crowd anyways. Although it does exist, it's not as large as the media portrays.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I'm gonna to with the classic Invisibility. The pranks I could play, the things I could see, the stuff I could steal... I would, obviously, use my powers for evil.
Zeta wrote:
Green Gibbon! wrote:If gay guys think the same way, then it must be paradise for you lot.
That's the stereotype, but the gay guys I've met (including me) usually don't feel that way.
Quite true. I have met quite a number of gay men, me being half dyke myself, and most of them are of the romantic-sappy-squishy-looking-for-a-relationship type. Unfortunately, they always seem to be attracted to the let's-have-lots-of-sex-and-nothing-else type...
Green Gibbon! wrote:For whatever reason, girls don't want to just fuck. Like, there's all kind of shit that has to go along with it. In a guy's world, you'd just walk up to some nice chick, quite possibly one you've never met before, say: "Hey, wanna fuck?" and they'd be like, "Okay, sure." Then you'd walk off to wherever, get it done in fifteen minutes, go on your separate ways, and neither of you would have to deal with each other ever again.
There <I>are</i> girls like that -- unfortunately, the stigma attached to women who fuck a guy without being in a relationship with him keeps women from saying yes to such a situation. There's also the old "what if he tells?" fear.

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

Hmm.. as for a super power..

I would love to have the ability to change into anybody I want, anytime I feel like it, for as long as I want. Just like Mystique from X-Men.

Just imagine.. I can turn into hot sexy female celebs and take nude pictures of myself masturbating.. HAHA! That'd be awesome.

I won't suck any dick though, but I would have lesbian sex with other girls! Finally the sex tapes would be worth watching!

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

You've probably seen this plenty of times, but if you're choosing invisibility, take a look <a href="http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail41.swf">at this.</a>

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

There's also the old "what if he tells?" fear.
So, what if he does?! "Hey dude, see that chick? I banged her once. No, I don't remember her name."

It could be so easy. Why do women have to put up such a front for each other all the time?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Why do women have to put up such a front for each other all the time?
If I ever figure that out, I'll tell you.

Grant

Post by Grant »

"Wow, that's a great question. Tough one, though. What does one
gauge his response on?

Physical prowess? Keen detection skills?

The ability to banter well with super villains?"

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

So, what if he does?! "Hey dude, see that chick? I banged her once. No, I don't remember her name."
If a girl has sex with one guy, for some reason - that means she has had sex with EVERY guy in the entire city, thus making her a superwhore.

The logic escapes me, but it's a societal thing. Men are allowed to go around making conquests by screwing women because they don't neccisarily have the deal with the consequences, but women - who get get pregnant - always must deal with them. Thus, even with protected sex, there's still a stigma.
"Wow, that's a great question. Tough one, though. What does one
gauge his response on?

Physical prowess? Keen detection skills?

The ability to banter well with super villains?"
God bless pre-Jersey Girl Kevin Smith.

Grant

Post by Grant »

I must be the only one in the world that doesn't think Jersey Girl sucked.

It wasn't excellent, I'll point out, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some critics seem to make it out to be.

However, the current commercial for the DVD ("Help a fat man out with the Bling Bling to keep his wife") is just... pathetic. It's very sad.

chix0rgirl
Awesome Girl

Post by chix0rgirl »

Delphine wrote:
Zeta wrote:
Green Gibbon! wrote:If gay guys think the same way, then it must be paradise for you lot.
That's the stereotype, but the gay guys I've met (including me) usually don't feel that way.
Quite true. I have met quite a number of gay men, me being half dyke myself, and most of them are of the romantic-sappy-squishy-looking-for-a-relationship type. Unfortunately, they always seem to be attracted to the let's-have-lots-of-sex-and-nothing-else type...

Out of curiosity, then, have you met any/many lesbian girls who were all for lots of sex and didn't care for sappy relationships?

And I want to be Pure Evil. Mmm.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Pre-Jersey Kevin Smith? I always thought he was overrated in general.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

chix0rgirl wrote:Out of curiosity, then, have you met any/many lesbian girls who were all for lots of sex and didn't care for sappy relationships?
Oh my, yes. They're my favorite kind.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

My ideal super power would be having a magical TV remote control for my life. It would have fast-forward, rewind, record, and best of all "mute."

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

So you want to be Blinx the Cat.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Me? I'd have the ability to freeze time-- Think about the possibilties. If you get into a fight, freeze time, kick the guy's ass, and then unfreeze time. See a cute girl in a skirt? Freeze time, take a peek (or do...uh, more, if you're an asshole), walk away and unfreeze. Ahhh...

But you know what would be really interesting? To see a superhero with a truly useless power (Aqua Man not withstanding), like... Bullet-proof nipples, or the ability to transform your arms into palm trees, or being able to ooze shampoo out of your armpits. Now THAT's a superhero comic I'd be interested in reading.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

But you know what would be really interesting? To see a superhero with a truly useless power (Aqua Man not withstanding), like... Bullet-proof nipples, or the ability to transform your arms into palm trees, or being able to ooze shampoo out of your armpits. Now THAT's a superhero comic I'd be interested in reading.
I once wrote a short story about a "superhero" who only had the ability to materialize sandwiches - he would wave his arm and hoagies, meatball subs, and philly cheese steaks would appear. They were really good sandwiches, but it was sucky because he had some colleges in the same city who could like - create psychic swords, become totally invincible, and shoot ice beams out of their eyes.

Anyways, the guy ends up saving the city by making a spicy sandwich and tossing some jalepeno peppers in the eyes of some crazy terrorist.

And the people of the city still make fun of him. But he decides to fuck 'em all and moves away to start a fast-food franchise.

WhoopA

Post by WhoopA »

Chalk up another shapeshifter.

No, I don't have anything witty to say. Live with it.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

So you want to be Blinx the Cat.
Pretty much, but without the whole "you have ten minutes to live" thing.

Lakwren

Post by Lakwren »

If I had a superpower, I'd want to be able to do anything my mind asks. The hardest tasks could take only a mere 5 seconds! Actually, that's basically just saying I want to be able to do anything.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I'm pretty satisfied with my current state of being.

But I wouldn't mind a bit of invincibility just for convenience's sake.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

chriscaffee wrote:My ideal super power would be having a magical TV remote control for my life. It would have fast-forward, rewind, record, and best of all "mute."
TiVo?
Last edited by Spazz on Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkPrime

Post by DarkPrime »

I would have the power to create anything I want out of nothing.

Big, honkin' gun? Check

Bright red zebra that breathes fire. Done

I don't know why I want this power.