Shadow Rocks!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Chaos Control

Shadow Rocks!

Post by Chaos Control »

Hi, people of the GHZ Forum!

I was just wondering if there is ANYONE who's favorite Sonic character is Shadow.

(I predict someone will delete this!)

Oh by the way. I'll be in (mostly) sunny Hawaii for a week in June. Anybody know where I can find a computer in Honolulu?

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Oh, it's a joke. I get jokes. Ahahahahahahahahaaa.

Don't see why computers should be hard to come by in Honolulu.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Shadow is a whiny, goth version of Sonic. He problably has a livejournal somewhere where he writes bad poetry about Maria and suicide. He used to be decent as a villain, but as another hero - he's just a bitchy Sonic in a different coat of paint.

Not even going into his origin story - his story is so confusing that even though he's only been around for a couple of years, it's been totally reworked twice. We're going to need a Sonic version of "Crisis on Infinite Earths" just to deal with freakin' Shadow.

Chaos Control

Post by Chaos Control »

Ha, ha, ha. I just want to get here without buying a computer.
Last edited by Chaos Control on Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Shadow is overrated. *yawn*
~Neo

Lakwren

Post by Lakwren »

I always used to think of Shadow as the hedgehog equivelant of the "sexy bad guy with a girly voice" (not that Shadow's sexy or anything), but he's now just another sonic with no meaning whatsoever. He should've been kept dead, instead of coming back to life.

I actually liked Shadow as a bad-guy, like a henchman of Eggman's or something, but they just had to make him a good guy in Sonic Heroes, thus making his existence unneeded.

My sister loves Shadow, though. I bet she's secretley joined a "We Love Shadow" forum.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Shadow was pretty alright in Sonic Battle. Yeah, he was still weepy and mellowdramatic, but at least he wasn't just a Sonic clone :P

Still, should've stayed dead.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I was dissapointed when he died, if only because I realized there would be an inevitable return from said deadness.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I used to think shadow was cool.

Used to.

Dark Dolphin

Post by Dark Dolphin »

I remember how I thought it was funny that people actually thought Sonic Team would keep him dead. Didn't we already know enough about the team by then to know what they'd do?

He was a nice evil character in Sonic Adventure 2, but in Heroes he's just some different good guy. He doesn't do anything villainous at all. I thought that horrible flash video actually got the fight between Team Sonic and Team Dark pretty well. A pointless event that didn't answer anything. Shadow didn't even react in a surprised way to see a hedgehog like him. He only seemed to notice it was strange after the fight. Now Shadow seems like a crappy effort to get goths and punk-wannabies that think being depressed is cool to go for Sonic games.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Shadow is one big plot hole Sonic Team didn't even bother to do anything with after Sonic Adventure 2. Thanks to Sonic Heroes, I now wonder if Sonic HIMSELF is a robot/clone of Shadow/genetic creation or not!

Dark Dolphin

Post by Dark Dolphin »

I suggested a Sonic-Shadow connection right after Sonic Adventure 2 came out, but no one took my idea seriously. I really don't think Sonic Team is above it.