After so many years of waiting...Sonic Epoch has arrived!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I seriously doubt you're asking me that because you actually give a damn.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Of course I give a damn! When have I ever not given a damn, in my long and honourable history of always giving not only one but several damns at any given time? If someone needs a damn, they come to me. James "gives a damn" Duffy, they call me.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I thought they called you "Duffy, the Vampire Layer"?

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I may be a Highschool Drop Out, I may be a loser, I may be a complete and total moron, I may even be you and Dache's little joke that you giggle at from afar, but you know what, Pop? All those years of highschool mockery taught me to know when someone's setting a trap for me to walk in to. And if they aren't? Better safe than sorry.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Just pay some burly drunken Scottish guy to kick his arse. Burly drunken Scottish guys are like our Kryptonite.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Blaze is just too fuckin' smart for me.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

At least I don't want to bone Niles Crane.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

He's more of a man than you ever were!!

CE

Post by CE »

It's random fact time!
BlazeHedgehog wrote:You honestly were thinking about this stuff at 10 years old? (that's the age I was when SatAM aired in 1993-1994) You have to realize, most shows of this day and age never really said why it's badguys were bad. Shredder, from TMNT, for instance. Yeah, the comics said why he wanted to kill Hamato Yoshi, but did the Cartoon? No way. He was just "evil". And hey, look! Archie filled out Robotnik's backstory (before they killed him off and the comic took a nosedive).
Most of the backstory in TMNT was revealed in the first two episodes. The first episode (where April first meets the Turtles) is pretty much an excuse to have Splinter talk about how Oroku Saki took over leadership of the noble Foot clan from Hamato Yoshi by framing him for desiring to murder some high ranking martial arts master.

The second episode (the first episode with Krang!!!) reveals that it was Shredder who dumped the mutagen on Hamato Yoshi in an attempt to kill him. All this was back before Krang got his body, and was just a brain rolling around on a tripod. Those were the days.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I like that new TMNT show. It's surprising how directly it follows the original comics, really.

Grant

Post by Grant »

The only gripe I have with the new Turtles show is that grating theme song.

It's good if you don't know how to count to four, though.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Have you heard the original theme, Grant? Holy crap. I'll take "1, 2, 3, 4" over that any day.

http://www.mikeystmnt.com/media/sounds/ ... unused.mp3

The ears, they bleed.

Grant

Post by Grant »

My god.

Seriously, I wouldn't wish that upon any child; even a dead one.

"Now it's time for ninja kick butt action"? The whole thing sounds like a toy commercial.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

... Isn't the Turtles cartoon a toy commercial anyway?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It certainly seemed that way at the time. But compared to the stuff that came later, like Power Rangers and Pokemon, it seems so innocent now.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

He-Man and GI Joe were toy commercials long before Power Rangers and Pokemon did it :(

Grant

Post by Grant »

This is a big reason why 'toons like B:TAS and the other darker material previously mentioned in this thread still get respect; they weren't primarily 22 minute long commercials. They actually, you know, told a story.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Brazillian Cara wrote:Why would Starscream be an fallen angel?

Curiosity: for those who watched Dragonball Z, Hercule's original name is Mr. Satan. Then the censorship striked again.
Because Starscream was an Autobot and was reprogrammed to be an idiot?. He was in the “goodiesâ€￾ side and was reprogrammed to be a Decepticon.

In G1 he is really stupid, in the comic he is a bit smarter but still not smart enough...

PS: I’m am the only one here who miss "Tekkaman blade" also now as Teknoman?

Argent Silver

Post by Argent Silver »

To quote TheCycle, "Looks like somebody put instabitch in" Popcorn's "coffee this morning."

... and every other morning for that matter.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

More like permabitch.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Shock. Surprise. Amazement.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Remember that Transformer that turned into a tape recorder? Goddamn that must suck. Everyone else gets cars and planes and guns and dinosaurs and shit, and he gets a fucking tape recorder?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Remember that Transformer that turned into a tape recorder? Goddamn that must suck. Everyone else gets cars and planes and guns and dinosaurs and shit, and he gets a fucking tape recorder?
Fuck that. Beast Machines. Ratrap. Turns into a fucking rat. And he has no weapons.

I can see how turning into a cyborg cheetah might be cool - but a damn rat?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Zeta wrote:
Fuck that. Beast Machines. Ratrap. Turns into a fucking rat. And he has no weapons.

I can see how turning into a cyborg cheetah might be cool - but a damn rat?
At least a rat can escape into small places that the bigger guys can't get to. Rather a rat than a tape recorder.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Hey, what about Transformers: Armada? Minature robots that turn into minature helicopters. That's a great disguise there, guys. No one's going to notice the 4-foot tall jet aeroplane. It blends right in.

And one of the main robots turned into a skateboard. How a robot could transform into something that has no electrical parts at all makes no sense to me. But then again, at least a skateboard is mechanical - even in the shaddiest definition of the word.

If he had turned into a surfboard - now THAT would've been really idiotic.