Sonic Brick

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Wooduck51

Sonic Brick

Post by Wooduck51 »

Not the fan game of yore, but an official stand alone Sonic Mania lego set!
This seems pretty swell, though I would prefer more badniks instead of hard boiled heavies, though that may change in final design. Either way though, I am enthused.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Re: Sonic Brick

Post by j-man »

I saw the progress it made over on Sonic Retro - amazing to see it being made for real! Could pave the way for future sets, even.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

j-man wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 am
.....Could pave the way for future sets, even.
STARDUST SPEEDWAY confirmed?!?!

In seriousness though; the potential for sets feels endless and fantastic. A large form normal or technique Mecha Sonic, a Great Eggman Robo, The S3&K Death Egg, Tails' and Eggman's walkers from SA2. HOT DANG; In what universe would we ever have expected Mario and Sonic Legos to exist?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Wooduck51 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:38 pm
j-man wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 am
.....Could pave the way for future sets, even.
STARDUST SPEEDWAY confirmed?!?!
Wow, nothing gets past you, huh? ;)

It really is amazing to think that we're gonna see official Sonic Lego sets after all this time. I still remember building blocky-arse characters out of the basic bricks as a kid - between this and the movie, ten-year-old-me's mind would have collapsed like a dying star.

There's a lot of potential, as you say. Let's hope Sega doesn't squander this opportunity!

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I liked the interpretations of Mecha Sonic in Lego Dimensions. Would love for them get released as real Lego toys.

Hopefully this one will sell well enough to justify more sets, though I'm not sure if there's been a precedent for that with Lego Ideas products. The Tornado and Egg Mobile would make for good medium-sized sets. For smaller releases the could have Character + Badnik + mini Zone diorama.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

That Death Egg Robot looks sick. It's so much fun to see it realized as a toy.

Have to agree that some Lego badniks would've worked out better than the Hard Boiled Heavies.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Crazy Penguin wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:52 pm
I liked the interpretations of Mecha Sonic in Lego Dimensions.
Golly I had forgotten about them, and watching that reminds me how much I really enjoyed the Sonic Lego Dimensions campaign. You know what would make a great tie in to Sonic Lego sets? A standalone Lego Sonic Game. With that dimensions campaign I felt like Travellers Tales made one of the best and most enjoyable 3d Sonic iterations I have played, and maybe it wouldn't scale up? But I can hope. I mean, they even got Shadow right, as cheeky as it was, that small bit of characterization was as close to what I expected and still wish was after SA2 as I have seen in any official sense.

Back on topic though, I would love a Hill top zone set, and maybe a really fancy master and super emerald shrine from S3&K; I think that would be just lovely.