Merry Christmas! plague edition

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Wooduck51

Merry Christmas! plague edition

Post by Wooduck51 »

Merry Christmas to thee all! This year we grew 20 pound watermelons, (not 20 pound) purple potatoes and tomatillos and fed a whole family of oriels up here in northeast USA, then this week we had snow, giant falling trees, no snow, then snow and some kinda weather warning all in 72 hours so we are par for 2020.
If anyone can think of a more humorous title for this thread, please change it accordingly (I am not great at that)

Trivia I learned this past week that no one may be that interested in other than me; mangers in the middle east some 2000 years ago were (mostly?)not made from wood, they probably would have been clay mixed with straw or made from stones held together with mud; sometimes they were carved in natural outcroppings of rock. They kinda look like a big brick with a trough shaped depression. Nifty!

May this post find you safe and well!
Also if you have Netflix access and love animated Christmas movies, Klaus is a good time, or if you have Amazon and like darker humor, the Hog Father was pretty neat too.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Corona Christmas

Post by G.Silver »

My big manger-related learning this year is that mangers were inside of peoples' homes!

The Hogfather is a seasonal favorite over here. Sometimes there are even pork pies...

Wooduck51

Re: Corona Christmas

Post by Wooduck51 »

Corona Christmas is much better; a lime to you! :EG:
G.Silver wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:57 pm
My big manger-related learning this year is that mangers were inside of peoples' homes!
Haw yeah; thank you for the article!
I should have named this thread "middle eastern animal husbandry edition" :lol:
G.Silver wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:57 pm
The Hogfather is a seasonal favorite over here. Sometimes there are even pork pies...
I have yet to have the pork pie experience, but I did have some pork-pie shaped radishes...

Also To all; I found the picture I meant to put in the original post!
Attachments
SSS_SONIC12-2.jpg
SSS_SONIC12-2.jpg (24.31 KiB) Viewed 4286 times

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Re: Merry Christmas! plague edition

Post by j-man »

Happy New Year, chums! A month late, sure, but I've been a little busy - with the Coronavirus, as it happens. Knocked me on my arse for a few weeks; still feel like I've deepthroated a canister of mustard gas. Wear a mask!

All in all, I found the seasonal period to be pretty... breathtaking :wink: :wink: :wink:

Also Christmas was literaly cancelled in the UK, so. Yeah. Aside from that, lots of board games and vidya (played and completed Sonic Forces, which was somehow worse than Covid), succulent vegetarian roast dinners at every available opportunity, and now I'm getting into Warhammer 40k for some reason...? I guess I just hate money!

Hope you all have managed to stay safe and healthy thus far. Here's to a better year, eh?

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

j-man wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:51 am
All in all, I found the seasonal period to be pretty... breathtaking :wink: :wink: :wink:
*Hee hee* Yikes! Glad to hear neither scourge was able to take ya; may your recovery be swiftly completed!

Any particularly outstanding vegetarian roast recipes to suggest?
And have you had beets, potatoes, garlic, hot peppers and spices sauteed in olive oil? Tis great! (if you like all those things)

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Oh dude, I wish! We had some thing with I think lentils and red peppers, but it wasn't all that. I just went full ham on the honey-glazed carrots and parsnips - garlic, thyme, olive oil, salt'n'pepa, job's a good'un. I'll give yours a go as well!

We all recovered well, thanks. Not dead yet, anyway! Must be that vegetarian diet...