Pop: Super Tails and Super Silver

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
big_smile
Drano Master

Pop: Super Tails and Super Silver

Post by big_smile »

https://nintendowire.com/news/2020/06/2 ... xclusives/

Pop are doing a Super Tails and Super Silver collection. Judging from Tails' sneakers, it seems to be Modern Tails. Has Modern Tails ever gone Super? There was that Heroes bit where he got a gold shield, but his fur didn't change color. Very interesting.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Re: Pop: Super Tails and Super Silver

Post by Locit »

No flickies, no deal.

Also jesus god that Funko Silver is horrific.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I think the Tails IS based on his "Super" form from Sonic Heroes. I remember his tails sticking up during the battle. Or at least in the Team Blast.

Almost all Funko figures are horrific. The only exceptions are the ones where they're forced to give the characters more normal eyes, but those are very rare.

Jingles

Post by Jingles »

I seemed to have some weird false memory of Tails going super in, of all things, the Sonic Rivals games, but after a quick glance at a wiki I was proven wrong. He wasn't even in the first one! The original Runners, maybe?

I wonder why Tails and Silver specifically were packaged together? Surely Sonic/Tails and Shadow/Silver would have been a more appealing sell? I actually think the Tails figure looks alright in that weird big-head-small-body merchandise way, but Silver could be anything from any superhero property (and the shade of his fur is a bit too dark, to boot).

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:13 am
Almost all Funko figures are horrific. The only exceptions are the ones where they're forced to give the characters more normal eyes, but those are very rare.
That's exactly how I feel. I've never understood why they are so popular. They look creepy instead of cute.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:13 am
That's exactly how I feel. I've never understood why they are so popular. They look creepy instead of cute.

Jingles wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:19 am
I seemed to have some weird false memory of Tails going super in, of all things, the Sonic Rivals games, but after a quick glance at a wiki I was proven wrong. He wasn't even in the first one! The original Runners, maybe?
I'm pretty sure the only modern game Tails goes super is in Heroes (where he just gets a gold shield but his skin doesn't change color). He does not go Super in Runners. I don’t think Super Sonic is even in Runners.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

Christ, they still make those dumb Pop figures.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

The only games with Super Tails are S3&K and Sonic Mania. The way the cutscene in Heroes portrays it, it looks to me like only Sonic transforms and he just shares some of his power with the other two.