Son of Sanshiro

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Son of Sanshiro

Post by Frieza2000 »

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/ ... _new_video

It took a few decades, but the saga continues at last.

I have a sinking feeling that his mission will end about as well as his father's.

Wooduck51

Re: Son of Sanshiro

Post by Wooduck51 »

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

This policy of taking more time for better quality came in after the first Sonic Boom.

Sonic Boom Fire and Ice, Sonic Forces and Team Sonic Racing were all delayed to allow for more development time. Forces in particular was delayed by over a year. And it was still rather bad, so....

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I couldn't even make it past the first boss of Sonic Forces. It was one of the worst boss fights I've ever seen in a Sonic game, and after literally a half hour of struggling I just gave up.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Sonic Forces was a dreadful game, make no mistake. But I actually quite enjoyed it. Unlike Heroes to Unleashed it wasn’t filled with bottomless pits and cheap hits, so it wasn’t frustrating to play.

The biggest problem it has is that it’s just a bland rehash of Generations. Many of the same levels are reused but they are stripped of all the creativity and charm they had in Generations and somehow made uglier. The game only has 4 ideas which are repeated Ad nauseam. Both the level design and the story feel like they were repeatedly reworked until they no longer made any sense. But it’s still fun enough for a quick run around.

I think I enjoyed it more than anything from Heroes to Unleashed.

It’s just bizarre that they could take Generations and make it so much worse. It feels like it was a mobile game that was hastily reworked into a console title.