Sonic 2020

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
big_smile
Drano Master

Sonic 2020

Post by big_smile »

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/sonic2020/

Sonic Channel have announced a Sonic 2020 initiative, where they will drop a new hit about the next Sonic game.

I'm personally sick of Sega's teaser campaigns. They draw too much on nostalgic elements which end up having little connection to the final product and the last two games were delayed anyway, which makes the protracted teasing annoying.

I’m also surprised they are having a big push for 2020. I thought they would want to save their efforts for the 30th anniversary in 2021.

Gaz

Re: Sonic 2020

Post by Gaz »

I don't get it. I know it's the year 2020 but does the number 20 have any significance to Sonic beyond that? It's all very well saying they're going to do an announcement a month but surely for that to be feasible most of these "announcements" will end up being very minor and not that interesting. This kind of teasing never seems to work very well for Sonic.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

All I want is a S3&K remake by Whitehead and Co. and an update/port of the mobile remakes to PC. Than I'll be done with this accursed franchise and be happy with what I got.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

Gaz wrote:I don't get it. I know it's the year 2020 but does the number 20 have any significance to Sonic beyond that?
Probably the Tokyo Olympics.