Merry Christmas, chucklefucks

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Merry Christmas, chucklefucks

Post by Locit »

Merry Christmas from Denmark, where it's freezing cold but not snowing at all. Some winter wonderand.

I got Ring Fit Adventre and a new laptop, though, so I'm sitting pretty. Hope you guys' hauls were respectable as well!

big_smile
Drano Master

Re: Merry Christmas, chucklefucks

Post by big_smile »

Merry Christmas all.

What's Ring Fit like? I was a big fan of Wii Fit, but that was mainly for the weigh-in. The actual exercises in Wii Fit were too basic to be of any use for weight loss, even though quite a few reviews were raving about the weight loss potential. Can you really lose weight with Ring Fit?

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I already work out pretty regularly, so I set the game at its hardest difficulty

It will kick your butt at the highest difficulty. The game-y nature of it also pushes you to jog more or faster, and will make you go "halfway there! now only a couple more reps! Finally!" during battles. For example, sometimes the path will crumble so in order to not fall down to the lower pathway, you now have incentive to run so you don't miss out on whatever is on the high path!

It made me do so at least 100 squats in the first two levels, among other exercises, on the hardest difficulty, and I was dead the next day.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

Well, this came in a few days late, but Happy New Year. Hope you all have a good 2020.

My haul was thoroughly practical this year, but I have been thinking about getting Ring Fit Adventure with some money that I got. I keep hearing a lot of good things about it.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Ring Fit probably won't get you fit all on its own. But I'm relatively fit and I set it to "intense" difficulty, and it absolutely kicked my ass. I'm using it as my main alternative when I can't find time to get to the gym and just as a way to keep me a little more physically active in general. If you really do want to get fit it seems like a great way to start getting into a daily exercise routine you can build on with other cardio and resistance training.

If you need more guidance on that front, this is a really great place to start. It was originally written for women who'd been cheated by the fitness industry, but it's actually a great all-purpose guide on how to get fit through regular exercise, regardless of your gender.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Happy New Year you guys! (very late).

I'm very curious about Ring Fit as well. I was using mostly Zombies Run! to stay a bit more physically active, but that ship has sailed some time ago.