Everybody Super Sonic failing... (Team Sonic Racing)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Re: Everybody Super Sonic failing... (Team Sonic Racing)

Post by Cuckooguy »

Damn, Vector's a whore. Sleeps with the Chaotix, Team Rose, and Team whatever they are (alternate dimensions? future timelines?)

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Jingles wrote:Do the vehicle designs have to be so one-note? Blaze is a cat! Therefore, her car has cat ears. PERFECT!
Purrfect.
Cuckooguy wrote:Damn, Vector's a whore. Sleeps with the Chaotix, Team Rose, and Team whatever they are (alternate dimensions? future timelines?)
Has Team Chaotix ever been playable after Heroes? There was Sonic Runners, but when he's playable in other games Vector always seems to dump the rest.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

I kind of like Vector's kart. It has a nice, clunky, Wariomobile kind of feel to it.

But I am kind of disappointed that Blaze isn't driving a hotrod, or any really other sort of vehicle that obviously spouts flames.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

"Dodonpa," eh? Sounds Japanese. In any case, this'd be the first Sonic character since Dr. Fukorokov (and I guess the Battle Kukku as whole, sorta) to not have an English-derived name?

I guess he's a tanuki, but his muzzle reminds me of a tamarin. At least he's not a half-assed modification of another character, whatever he is. Or, y'know, yet another edgelord.

Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:"Dodonpa," eh? Sounds Japanese.
According to Wikipedia,"Dodonpa" (as in "DoDonPachi") is onomatopoeia for a rumbling, booming sound - not unlike, say, that of a motor vehicle. It's a pun!

I expect the name to be localized into something insipid like "Wheeler" or "Boomer" or "G. Asoline".

Also: a tanuki wearing a fur coat? PETA will have a field day!

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

When was the last time a major character in a Sonic game had their name changed for the international releases? I can't think of any since the jump to 3-D, at least.

I mean, even Omochao - whose name derives from the Japanese word omocha (meaning toy) - didn't have his name changed.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Uh, pretty much most of Sonic's characters never had a name change, or even a translations; they're mostly transliterations of English words even in their home country. Except, come to think of it, all(?) of Eggman's badniks had Japanese-derived names, probably for ease of intuition.

Fair point on Omochao, though.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Am I really the only one who thinks that's obviously Eggman in a fursuit? I mean, his car even looks like the Eggmobile.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

The article I linked to thinks it's Eggman, which is something I share. It's a bit repetitive as Eggman was in disguise for Sonic Free Riders.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I'm actually kind of hoping it's not, even if in all likelihood is. A good adventure series ought to have more than just one recurring villain -- imagine Batman fought only the Joker -- and this one shows more promise than Infinite and the Deadly Six, which are as low as bars get.

...Not that I'll be affected when I'm inevitably wrong.

Tsuyoshi-kun

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

The Zelda franchise does that a lot, too. At least the core console games do (sans Zelda II, where he's dead). Sooner or later it's revealed than Ganon is involved somewhere in the game's plot.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

That's true of most of the iconic IPs. Bowser gets way too much exposure even if he's the best Mario villain. It's clear the only reason Wart and Tatanga exist is because their respective games weren't even Mario games at one point; Donkey Kong and Foreman Spike exist only because the predate Bowser; but their existence gives early Mario games a distinct charm that doesn't really exist anymore. I particularly like Tatanga and Fawful because they're such good complements to Bowser's primal brutishness, but neither are used as much as they ought to, one even outright killed off.

Also, something, something, Dr. Wiley.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:It's clear the only reason Wart and Tatanga exist is because their respective games weren't even Mario games at one point;
Super Mario Land wasn't a Mario game to begin with?

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Just a factoid I picked up somewhere (possibly tvtropes) and didn't think to verify. Oops.

Tsuyoshi-kun

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Sega apparently is delaying the game to May: https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/stat ... 4382219264

Considering how quiet they've been about the game the past few months, I'm not surprised at all.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

The new Apple Aracde will have an exclusive title known as Sonic Racing. The press release has an image from Team Sonic Racing, so I'm guessing it's a variant of that title, possibly with the team stuff removed? (judging by the title)