Super cardboard racing

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Wooduck51

Super cardboard racing

Post by Wooduck51 »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... escription

Well this interesting, a tabletop miniatures sonic game. It is officially licensed, and the goal is to, well, collect rings and take out badniks. What I do not like is that some of the extras and pledge goals are kickstater exclusive, which is annoying, because the badniks at least would be a really nice expansion to buy later if you couldn't afford them to begin with. And the board is upsettingly bland, something more vibrant ( like the milton bradly Sonic board game) would have been much preferable. On the other hand Having Metal sonic is pretty neat, and a wise choice in making Shadow the highest stretch goal (though I would have preffered he was a lower tier or a planned expansion) as it should make for a good lure for the Shadow fan base, who having but one and a half enjoyable games featuring him playable, would ptobably be happy to have him playable in another (hopefully decent) game.

Wooduck51

Re: Super cardboard racing

Post by Wooduck51 »

Ahh, and unrelated to the new board game, but related to Sonic board gaming; Hasbro helpfully has the whole manual for the milton bradly sonic board game iin pdf format, so even if you can't your hands on a real copy, you can mak our own.
https://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/ ... dgehog.PDF

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I saw this, and I really want the badniks. But just the badniks, I don't care about any of the rest of it. I sent them an email letting them know my interest, like if they could offer it as a (limited) add-on, like they have for some of the other figures (so, you could "add on" Metal Sonic or Vector, I assume, to the no-reward tier). If anyone else were interested in that they should send them a note, too.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

Gotta say, I'm really, really liking the character figures. Small nitpick, but if they plan on including Blaze (which I would love), then her outer clothing needs to be a darker shade of purple, not the same color as her fur. The badniks look good too, although I do wish they were painted like the characters. Beggars can't be choosers, though. Crabmeat has never looked so fun.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

They miscolored Metal Sonic's auricles and jet intake, too. I wonder what it is about him that toymakers always botch something.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

G.Silver wrote:I saw this, and I really want the badniks. But just the badniks, I don't care about any of the rest of it.
Same! I just want a bag of badniks. I'll send them a message too.