Nintendo Switch & Mario Adventure

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Jingles

Re: Nintendo Switch & Mario Adventure

Post by Jingles »

Neo wrote:This is exactly what the 3D games have become since Unleashed. Forces looks to be no different.
Well, that's part of it, and that's probably why the 3D boost games have been received so well by people who aren't Sonic fans (and why the previous 3D games are apparently now all 06-tier garbage).

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Jingles wrote:no one ever complains that there's not enough plumbing in Super Mario Bros.!
To be fair I think Mario 3D World really brought it back with those clear pipes. Sliding through and leaping between pipes like a porpoise is what plumbers do, right?

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I remember it was wryly treated as a monkey's paw wish when Sonic was announced for Smash Bros. but had two spindashes. Sonic is perceived as being that shallow and limited, and that they would've been happier with moves curbed from that shitty GBA arena brawler. I never really worked out the merits defining each spindash, so my loss I guess, but a different move based on the elemental barriers would've been better appreciated by myself, and I assume most others would agree? I dunno. Rolling should be Sonic's raison d'etre, on account of being, y'know, a hedgehog. Now he just runs into shit, like he's Sonic the Pachycephalosaurus. Hedgehog may as well be Iizuka's fursona for all it indicates these days.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:Hedgehog may as well be Iizuka's fursona for all it indicates these days.
Please, please do not put that thought into my head.