Kinda neat - the Sonic merch thread

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Kinda neat - the Sonic merch thread

Post by Locit »

So I guess this British fashion label is doing a Sonic line now? Some of their stuff is kinda neat!

Mostly not though.

Either way it seemed like a good excuse to start a merch thread where we can post stuff everyone might be interested in or just old shit we've got lying around.

So post something, damn you!

cjmcray

Re: Kinda neat - the Sonic merch thread

Post by cjmcray »

I only got into collecting Sonic merchandise A few months ago. (Most of my Sonic stuff is just games and DVDs)
I got some Jazwares stuff, an Amiibo, and some shitty Boom toys. (Seriously, avoid the Boom toys. They're sloppily painted, and packaging is covered in cheap scotch tape. If you're looking for Sonic toys, stick with Jazwares.)

I noticed a company called Vandor is releasing some collectible glasses. Looks really nice.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Wow, can you believe this? Here's a fashion company that clearly gets it. Beneath the colorful and nostalgic characters, Sonic games are dead on the inside, mired in disillusionment and false hopes. Truly, this is Sonic the Hedgehog in 2016 in human form:

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

By the way if anyone is considering picking up those glasses, I was gifted a set of similar ones from Hot Topic (it may have been the same maker) a while back and the art was peeling away after only one wash (a hand wash, at that). I have other similar cups that have done fine (made by company called ToonLabSink), but it seems to me that products like this are really inconsistent in their quality. Looking at the reviews on amazon for the glassware versions it seems this Vandor set has the same problem. I'm kinda interested in the acrylic travel cup, though.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

some of those sweaters look pretty cool. I just can't in good conscience pay prices for clothes with game characters on them. Must be getting old or something.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

G.Silver wrote:By the way if anyone is considering picking up those glasses, I was gifted a set of similar ones from Hot Topic (it may have been the same maker) a while back and the art was peeling away after only one wash (a hand wash, at that)
Aw, that's a shame. I wasn't going to drink out of them anyway, just keep them as a display piece.

I notice they make a lot of Sonic school supplies now. Would've loved to have things like this back when I was a kid.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

I notice they make a lot of Sonic school supplies now. Would've loved to have things like this back when I was a kid.
In the UK, back in the '90s they had loads of Sonic school supplies. They even had Sonic duvets, pajamas, biscuits, sweets... It was endless.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

A friend of mine just came back from Japan and said these "pinched" (as if they were being picked up by a UFO catcher or something) keychains and cell straps were all over the place. And there was a Sonic one, too. He didn't grab one for me, though!

There's Tails and Amy, too.
Ami Ami says it's a preorder but amazon.co.jp has them. Thinking about replacing the Sonic X one I've had on my bag for years, this one's way cuter.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

Man, that Sonic keychain would make a hell of a Christmas tree ornament.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

The Amy variation is really cute.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

Alright, yeah, those Batbots are deftly placed.