Wrote a thing

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Wrote a thing

Post by Popcorn »

I've written a longish account of my teenage job in a shit second-hand game shop. Weird things happened there; there was a sinister cult, for example, and a bizarre war of words with another shop in the local paper, and also a hammer.
The manager invited me behind the counter. It was a strange feeling, like holding a steering wheel for the first time. There were shelves overflowing with homeless wires and third-party peripherals, stacks of games and DVDs waiting to be filed, an ancient cash register, a giant calculator, a small TV for testing consoles, handwritten notes taped to everything.

There was also a hammer.

“I’ve never had cause to use it,” said the manager, “but you might see fit to wave it about a bit from time to time.”
It was described yesterday by Mr Biffo of Digitiser as, I quote, "a good read".

It's free, obviously. But you don't have to read it. Just if you fancy it.

Thanks! Bye!

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Re: Wrote a thing

Post by Locit »

Instead I wrote out of a strange loyalty to the horrible shop that had employed me for two years — it was a mess, but it was my mess — and an unfailing urge to correct the trivial mistakes of others, a habit I cultivate as it makes me attractive to women.
I laughed quite a bit at this.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Found a few typos.
We organised games by platform - Xbox, PlayStation, GameCube and so on - but that was [as] far as it went.
When they asked us to contact us[them?] if the thing came in, I patiently took their number, then binned it.
I'll assume "maths" was intentional.

Women find me extremely attractive.

Well, Del does, but, you know.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Maths is British. And so am I.

I'll fix the typos, ta.

edit: "ta" is also British.