Sonic 2016 Rumours

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
cjmcray

Re: Sonic 2016 Rumours

Post by cjmcray »

They didn't specifically say a new Sonic game was in the works for 2017, just the start of a new project. It could mean filming on the movie will start next year.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

big_smile wrote:That concept art is interesting. It looks like Sonic could smash bridges to access new routes.
To me it looks more like Sonic is running over a typical collapsing bridge, but instead of just falling off screen the round bits of the bridge land below and roll along the ground, piling up against a wall. That would've been a neat effect showing off the slope physics. Has any platformer done that?

I can't read the captions though, so maybe it's more like what you're describing.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

There's lots of interesting concept art from the event:
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php? ... 15&st=4500

G.Silver wrote: I don't think I've seen that one, have you got a link to it? Is it at Retro with the other Sonic 2 concepts?
I can't find it now, although it was posted on the GHZ many years ago. If I find it, I will post it.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I've seen this one attached to some of the collections of concept art floating around from that:

I don't recall seeing any of the "pants" versions of the Boom character design before. Also this weird thing where he has arms that are both blue AND peach--can't say those were designed with easy-reading/animation in mind!

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Yuzo Koshiro tweeted this photo of materials used when Ancient was working on Sonic 1 for Game Gear:

Don't know if that's a 25th anniversary thing or if he was just sharing (he posted some stuff from Actraiser and Streets of Rage, too)