SEGA 3DS Themes!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Dash

SEGA 3DS Themes!

Post by Dash »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4fES3G6rwA

Master System(Mark III) and Sega Saturn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIxvmCcn3wM

Sega Arcade and Genesis(Mega Drive)

These are fantastic, but absolutely bizarre. Like, forget how weird it may have been seeing Sonic on GameCube;Booting up Super Mario Bros. on a Nintendo system and hearing the classic SEGA jingle is about as strange as it gets! I think my favorite is the Saturn one, with it's usage of the system UI sounds and the fact that Super Sonic Racing plays shortly after the boot-up, referencing the ability to play music off of the discs when in this mode.

There doesn't seem to be any plans to bring these over to the West, but I really hope they get around to it. They have a lot of great little details I would gladly pay a couple smackers for to have on my 3DS from time to time.

Oh and there's also the Sonic Themes, if anybody from this site cares about that kind of thing.

big_smile
Drano Master

Re: SEGA 3DS Themes!

Post by big_smile »

I've never been into themes (mainly because they seem like a waste of money), but I've got to admit, that Saturn one is neat. It's too bad the cubes don't animate.

The Sonic ones are lacking in creativity and feel like cheap cash-ins. I don't understand Sega's obsession with Seaside Hill, I think it's become more overused than Green Hill.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

They should've used the instrumental version of SA's "It Doesn't Matter" instead. It's not too intense of a song, but it's still more appropriately Sonic.

Also, I'm kind of surprised there's a Chao theme but no unique Tails theme.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

BigSmile: I also feel that it just isn't the same without Throbbing Cubes.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Sonic's theme should have been Green Hill Zone. I know it's overused, but it's the most iconic. However, I get the impression that they are aiming these themes at the generation of fans whose first Sonic game was Sonic Heroes.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

The Chao one is cute. I miss wasting hundreds of hours breeding ones with S-ranks in all stats, or unique colour combinations like translucent ones.
big_smile wrote:I've never been into themes (mainly because they seem like a waste of money), but I've got to admit, that Saturn one is neat. It's too bad the cubes don't animate.
That kills it for me. If the cubes were animated and there were stars flying at you, I'd get it. It wouldn't be perfect without the spaceship, though.