Interesting Sonic Team interviews

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
big_smile
Drano Master

Re: Interesting Sonic Team interviews

Post by big_smile »

I've only skimmed it, but those interviews are loaded with interesting facts, especially how Naka's life turned out.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Another set from Shmuplations: http://shmuplations.com/sonicteam/

These ones cover some interesting stuff on Naka and Ohshima's early days at Sega, and odds and ends on the development of all three 16-bit Sonic games.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Very interesting. In the Sonic Jam OSG, they mentioned that Sonic 3 was supposed to use the Sega Virtua Processor. It sounded like it was just a tech demo that had been abandoned when the SVP was delayed. But in this interview, it turns out that they had spent 6 months developing a full-scale isometric platformer, which unlike Sonic 3D allowed for camera rotation. It's too bad nothing of this was released. We didn't even see any screenshots. You think it would have been something they would have shown off in their endless Sonic collection re-releases, but I guess Sega was never good at documenting their history.

I wonder how it would have turned out, considering games like Sonic 3D and even the Saturn titles struggled to convey Sonic's speed properly.