We few, we happy, we Smash Bros. in arms.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Rob-Bert

Re: We few, we happy, we Smash Bros. in arms.

Post by Rob-Bert »

Of all the reasons to call him relevant, you pick his stats. How 'bout the fact that he was one of the 'mons lucky enough to get two Mega forms at all? Or that recent movie where he had a starring role alongside Genesect?

And how would Greninja make Mewtwo "redundant"? They're absolutely nothing alike outside of being kinda humanoid. Not only are they opposing types, their respective fighting styles are completely different.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

I'm not a Pokemon fan; that was just a factoid I'd heard. And I don't know what I was thinking; the way Greninja's reveal trailer was trolling Mewtwo fans probably made me think the chances of him being added after that were low, and Greninja's moveset looking much more useful than Mewtwo's must've eventually translated into him being redundant.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t5DetuBMOY

I happily accept the demise of the Ice Climbers for this.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

All we need now is Random Track Meet Athlete:

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

You might be surprised to find out he's actually a Bandai character in disguise:

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

It's unfortunate that we won't be seeing any more of these great videos until next Spring.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Rob-Bert wrote:You might be surprised to find out he's actually a Bandai character in disguise:
I was being tongue-in-cheek but yeah, I knew. Not that being Bandai-owned excludes Pac-Man. Or the fact that Nintendo bought the rights to that particular game (though maybe that's limited to North America...).

Anyways, I've long prepared to treat Male Fitness Instructor as a suitable successor.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Wave 3 due sometime in February 2015.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

The time has come!

anyone feel like getting together one night for some harmless brawling? Maybe monday or tuesday night?

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

RYU?! ORIGINAL STREET FIGHTER CONTROLS?!?! TWO FINAL SMASHES?!?!?! DAMMIT NINTENDO, NOW I HAVE TO PLAY IT.

Why English though? Nobody plays English Ryu.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

People were complaining about the abundance of anime sword guys, but I don't particularly mind the inclusion of THE anime sword guy.

And they didn't mention a thing about the ballot... maybe on December, then.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

If you're throwing a tetsuya nemura character in there why not neku from twewy? No swords, and psy powers, so basically ness but with poorer fashion sense.

And, y'know, twewy being a pretty important nintendo exclusive (till the iOS).

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Man, Platinum sure has gone a long way.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Good for them, I say. They deserve it after being shitcanned back when they were still Clover.

Meanwhile, I'm kinda curious to know exactly when Fire Emblem became the new Pokémon.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I guess it's just that Sakurai is a fan of the Fire Emblem series, and it has a lot of protagonists to choose from, unlike more popular series such as Metroid. That, and the fact that a Fire Emblem game needs a bit more of an extra push than a new Pokémon would, so an appearance in Smash Bros is great promotion. Smash Bros is the main reason we even have Fire Emblem games outside of Japan now, after all. I'm glad that they decided to concentrate on the dragon feature, rather than more sword fighting.

A lot of the Mii Fighter costumes, from both this update and previous ones, seem to be characters who must have been popular fan requests, but didn't quite make the cut. K Rool, Geno, Inkling, Zero, Proto Man, Isabelle, Tails, Knuckles, Toad etc. I fully expect at least two of these characters to make it into Smash Bros 5. Even Takamaru is a very Smash Brosy character in the same vein as Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt and Mr Game & Watch.

I'm a little gutted that we didn't get a Dr Eggman costume, it would have worked a lot better than Tails and Knuckles.

When did Ashley become the most popular WarioWare character? I thought it was always Mona, but between Smash Bros and Mario Maker, it seems that I was mistaken.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I hope they take the ballot votes into account for other things. Would be nice to see K. Rool reappear in something between now and Smash 5, like maybe another proper DKC.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

hmmm... considering Nintendo is all cozy with Namco these days, and the latter is making a Tekken-style Pokemon, what are the odds of a Soul Calibur style Fire Emblem? If there's a franchise to spill into its own fighting game, that'd be it.

As for Metroid, Kensuke Tanaba seems hellbent on making Sylux a major character in that universe. So I imagine S/he will be a playable fighter eventually.

I'm curious as to when Smash Bros. will acknowledge Joy Mecha Fight with a fighter/assist character. It's not their first fighting game -- that'd be Urban Champion -- but it's their first GOOD one.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I kinda want Platinum to make a Donkey Kong game.

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

I love sword fighters, but seriously. If it had to be another FE character, could we at least have gotten a different weapon? Maybe a magic staff or a trident? Or something more exotic like a kusari-gama or chakrams? Or that scythe-gun from RWBY?
Dr. BUGMAN wrote:If you're throwing a tetsuya nemura character in there why not neku from twewy?
That's actually a brilliant idea. The pins gave you all kinds of unique abilities. They could even have implemented something with the gamepad so you could use gesture attacks similar to the game, or some kind of partner system where Neku could form a pact with any other fighter from the roster and get unique attacks. Or they could give him a completely unique style of fighting where he's on the main screen and the partner can only be seen on the gamepad, and the partner can't directly interact with the main world but they can do some kind of mini-game on the tablet to assist Neku.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

...Since when is the scythe-gun from RWBY available as a weapon in Fire Emblem?