Everybody act excited

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Everybody act excited

Post by G.Silver »

Sega is teasing something on their website.

http://sega.jp/20130212/

I was ready to make all sorts of existing-franchise guesses but I'm expecting it's something new. The concept art shown has a kind of Guild Wars-ish quality to it, I think.

Jingles

Re: Everybody act excited

Post by Jingles »

Why, it must be concept art for Sonic and the Black Knight 2! Sega really does know how to please the fans.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I seem to remember hearing "something something Korean MMO game type thing" in regards to this teaser.

Seems a bit too realistic for a Sonic game, anyway. I would have pegged it as something else, like maybe Altered Beast...

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

I was thinking Altered Beast too (as unlikely as that is) but that second one with the tree houses steers me away from that and more towards MMO territory. It sure ain't Phantasy Star (not the current incarnation, anyway).

Neo

Post by Neo »

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

That would make sense. Didn't SEGA expressly say they were no longer developing any large-scale titles that didn't fall under the Sonic, Aliens, Total War or Football Manager franchises?

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Meh. And I was getting my Golden Axe bone all excited here.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

Esrever wrote:Didn't SEGA expressly say they were no longer developing any large-scale titles that didn't fall under the Sonic, Aliens, Total War or Football Manager franchises?
Oops! Guess I forgot Sega was DEAD FOREVER. :(

Does that apply to Sega of Japan as well though, I wonder? It seems like a weird set of titles for a Japanese company. I thought this article about how Sonic All-Star Racing is a "Graveyard" for dead franchises was pretty interesting, so I wonder if Project X Zone is kind the same thing? (I mean, look at their roster!)

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

Just had to reply to this one again.
Esrever wrote:Didn't SEGA expressly say they were no longer developing any large-scale titles that didn't fall under the Sonic, Aliens, Total War or Football Manager franchises?
Aliens Colonial Marines is getting below-50 scores on all formats. So that's what comes from Sega buckling down and focusing all their efforts onto their most profitable IPs? Great work guys!

Also, Sega's countdown link updated to some tits! Is it just me or does the woman on the left not actually have hands, and is scooping up her breasts with the sharpened stumps of her arms? What is this game about??

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

G.Silver wrote:Aliens Colonial Marines is getting below-50 scores on all formats. So that's what comes from Sega buckling down and focusing all their efforts onto their most profitable IPs? Great work guys!
I thought SEGA was only publishing Aliens; Gearbox (Borderlands, Duke Nukem Forever) was the company actually developing it.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

It's like the second coming of Jurassic Park: Trespasser!

I'm tempted to give Sega 60 bucks for making me laugh harder than I had in months.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

I thought SEGA was only publishing Aliens; Gearbox (Borderlands, Duke Nukem Forever) was the company actually developing it.
Rest assured, as the publisher Sega has a hand in messing it up, either for letting Gearbox get away with it, or for making them release it before it was ready, and not recognizing that one of the small, small number of games they're actually attaching their name to is a joke. What the heck, Sega?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Rest assured, as the publisher Sega has a hand in messing it up, either for letting Gearbox get away with it, or for making them release it before it was ready
The former then the latter apparently!

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/02/13/a-lo ... d-insider/

It blows my mind that they had six years to to make the game and still ended up outsourcing most of it.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

This is why my mind tends to auto-associate Gearbox with Borderlands and nothing else--mostly because everything else they've done has, well, not turned out that great (while at the same time I LOVE Borderlands).

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

Nothing Sega does can get me excited.