l'histoire du hérisson

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

l'histoire du hérisson

Post by G.Silver »

The US/English language release of Pix n' Love's The History of Sonic the Hedgehog has finally been revealed (I think they announced it was coming), due out in October and published by Udon. I feel kind of like if a Sonic the Hedgehog coffee table exists I am obligated to own it in anticipation of the day I own a coffee table, but I thought I might solicit some opinions in case anybody from Europe already snagged a copy. I haven't been too impressed with the few preview pages I've seen (I doubt any of the text is going to reveal much, and there seems to be a lot of text!), but I have to assume there's a lot more in there.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Re: l'histoire du hérisson

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

I managed to glance through the whole thing before it was translated. I can't tell if there's anything new in the text itself (I can't read French), but judging from the content they decided to cover looking at the pictures and game graphics, I wouldn't say that you missed much that Sonic fanatics wouldn't already know.

It covers a pretty broad swath of gaming information, including the more obscure and/or forgotten games (mostly Game Gear titles). So if you have friends who are only mildly interested in Sonic or grew up with the Game Gear or Master System, it could be a nice conversation piece.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

Here we go, a youtube page-through! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD-QJI1T ... r_embedded

I guess that answers all my questions! Thanks for the reply though, WW!

Neo

Post by Neo »

Is "l'histoire" really a valid contraction, though!?

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

I don't know, my high school french has diminished to the single phrase "je nes portes pas de pantalons," and I'm sure I'm not even saying that right.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Characters section doesn't feature Mighty or Fang, book is shit.
Neo wrote:Is "l'histoire" really a valid contraction, though!?
Yes.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Amazon lists a release date of October. Knowing UDON, the REAL release date will probably be sometime next February (if we're lucky).

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

Yami CJMErl wrote:Amazon lists a release date of October. Knowing UDON, the REAL release date will probably be sometime next February (if we're lucky).
I hope not. I just pre-ordered one...

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

They have a very bad track record of this sort of thing. All of the MegaMan artbooks and manga they localized in the past suffered from this, and I'm beginning to suspect the Persona 4 artbook I preordered last week--that was SUPPOSED to release yesterday--just got delayed to January 2013.