Nights into Dreams for digital download this fall

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Protodude

Nights into Dreams for digital download this fall

Post by Protodude »

So, it seems Nights is getting an HD release for the usual downloadable services. Looks like it might be based on the PS2 version? I've never played this game before so I'm a bit excited to try it out.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Re: Nights into Dreams for digital download this fall

Post by Cuckooguy »

I'm more excited about that Sega remembers that they had a Saturn! I never played a Saturn game, and this was one I wanted to play, but I what I really hope is this is the beginning of them making Saturn games more accessible to a current audience. Come on Dragon Force, Shining Force 3, and Panzer series!

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

This, along with the impending re-release of JSR, pleases me greatly.

However, it also gave me pause, because with the announcement of NiGHTS, I realized that everything that Sega has on the horizon that excites me most are remakes of old-ass games. Hrmeh.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Segaholic2 wrote:However, it also gave me pause, because with the announcement of NiGHTS, I realized that everything that Sega has on the horizon that excites me most are remakes of old-ass games. Hrmeh.
Are you surprised? Their finances are swirling the drain, and they've shut down development of just about everything for retail that isn't either one of their cash cows or contracturally obligated.

Good to hear they're releasing this though, I was wondering if the PS2 port would ever get out of obscurity. Hope they don't butcher it.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

I'm just surprised that SEGA bothered to update the graphics from the original, instead of just porting the thing unaltered. I mean, even though it doesn't look anywhere near as advanced as even Journey of Dreams, it still looks really fluid and solid, perfect for its dreamy atmosphere. Does the game look any nicer than its PS2 release?

I'll probably get this, because the one thing that everybody seems to agree on here is that Nights into Dreams is a good game.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Wombatwarlord777 wrote:Does the game look any nicer than its PS2 release?
From the teaser-thing, it looks pretty much identical to me, only the HUD is a bit smaller. Maybe they made some work on Puffy's model? I do hope they fix the (probably mandatory now) 16:9 format so that it actually shows more stuff than the original 4:3 one.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

The widescreen looked pretty nice on Sonic CD. Can't see why this would be much different.

I never played NiGHTS, so I'm excited to play it.