sonic doesn't wear converse anymore :(

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Yami CJMErl

sonic doesn't wear converse anymore :(

Post by Yami CJMErl »

SO APPARENTLY, Nike went and made this clever little interactive video-thing on their YouTube page. Various hidden "tunnels" show up during the advert, but one in particular is of note: around 1:55 in, you'll see a brief split-second flash of some new Nike sneaker:

If you click the shoe, it turns all pixellated, and loads up...a Sonic 1-based flash game called "Sonic X Vapor". The controls are simple: You're constantly moving forward, spacebar lets Sonic jump/doublejump. Get rings, smash badniks, avoid spikes, etc. etc.--of course, you also get to pick up soccer balls to shoot at a line of Crabmeats for a 10-ring bonus. Also, Sonic's sprite was edited so that he's wearing the same shoes like in the picture above.

VERDICT: It kind of plays like a slightly more complex "Sonic the Sketchhog"; simple, yet surprisingly competent. My only disappointment is that SEGA let Nike use the original Green Hill assets, but used the Sonic 4 intro/Splash Hill music in it instead of, oh, maybe the nice riffs from Generations.

Jingles

Re: sonic doesn't wear converse anymore :(

Post by Jingles »

Nice find! It's one of the better flash games I've played.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

I was assumed that Sonic's shoes were custom-made and technology far beyond any athletic shoe available to consumers.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Surely that's a Tails shoe?