Holidays

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
big_smile
Drano Master

Holidays

Post by big_smile »

1.jpg
1.jpg (95.34 KiB) Viewed 7136 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (91.42 KiB) Viewed 7136 times
These are just amazing on so many levels.

The two pieces of artwork were printed as a single A3 poster in the 18 July 1992 issue of British magazine Look in.

Three other holiday scenes exist. Orengefox of Sonic Retro found them in the UK magazine Computer and Video Games (see here). Unfortunately, the scenes are heavily obscured.

Several websites, including Ebay, are selling 1993 editions of the magazine, but I have contacted the sellers who state that these magazines do not contain the additional scenes. Sofox, from Sonic Retro, was apparently an avid reader of the magazine when it was originally published and he (she?) states that only the camping and sea scenes were published.

Although this artwork was only available in the UK, I suspect it came from Sonic Team Japan for various reasons which should be obvious. I think it might be possible that they still have the artwork as the long-lost raccoon animal friend appears in Sonic Rush in the proper animal friend style (instead of the small animal style from the Adventure games). However, the design might be a coincidence.

P.S. Sorry for the quality of the scans - I’ll try and post ones later in the week.

^_^

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Re: Holidays

Post by FlashTHD »

You live!

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

The colouring job is pretty funky for everyone aside from Sonic, but that's definitely Max and Mach from the Sonic band. Nice find!

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I just noticed Eggman in the first pic on the far right. And that bear looks like he's going to kill him.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:I just noticed Eggman in the first pic on the far right. And that bear looks like he's going to kill him.
That's the only thing I noticed!

Also, hey 'smile. I miss your news articles!

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Holy shit he's still alive.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Thanks for all your kind comments! I don't get that much time these days for forums, but I will make more of an effort to post.

---

I have made a clearer scan of the poster. It is too large to post here, so I have put it on this page together with some observations.