Was Sonic Rush originally going to be a SatAM game?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Team Mecha

Was Sonic Rush originally going to be a SatAM game?

Post by Team Mecha »

This just dawned on me: the game had an alternate dimension which contained not only a tomboyish princess that's portrayed as Sonic's equal but also an Eggman that's more outright evil & calculating than the normal Eggman. IDK, just struck me as an odd coincidence. Like maybe they originally planned some DC-level continuity crossover of game Sonic teaming up with comic Sonic or something.

On a side note I found out Eggman Nega can't legally appear in the comics for unspecified reasons. Weird.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Re: Was Sonic Rush originally going to be a SatAM game?

Post by Crazy Penguin »

From what I understand it's not a legal problem keeping Eggman Nega appearing in the comic, Sega simply don't want Archie to use the character.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Re: Was Sonic Rush originally going to be a SatAM game?

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

He is still part of the canon though. Apparently he's at war to conquer the multi-verse or something. As far as I'm aware it's only been mentioned in sonic universe #1 and #21. I guess Archie has plans for him but either said or doesn't want them to use him or they plan to do something big with him and are waiting for after the whole megaselling thing.