So how about that new Star Wars?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
chriscaffee

So how about that new Star Wars?

Post by chriscaffee »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year GHZ! Anybody play that new Star Wars yet? It's my first MMO (unless PSO counts) but I think it's pretty fun. It's like Diet KotOR with co-op. Anybody want to be my friend and go questing or something?

Crisis

Re: So how about that new Star Wars?

Post by Crisis »

I played in the small beta weekend event.

I remember that the cinematics were gorgeous. They made WoW's cinematics look like a high-schooler's powerpoint presentation.

I also remember choosing a race. The game tries to make the choice easier by presenting each racial ability alongside a short description. For instance: "Rally: Rallies the target."

My first quest was to kill a bunch of K'lor'slugs. BioWare went to a lot of effort to build up the K'lorslugs as a credible threat. Lives were on the line if you can't defeat the K'lor'slug menace, they said. Only a warrior of your skill can accomplish this task, they said. Many an initiate has fallen to the mighty K'lor'slug, they told me. All through actual voiced dialogue, which was a nice touch!

Sadly, they turned out to be about as threatening as actual slugs. I was told the other faction has a similar questline, except with kittens instead of slugs.

Does it go on like this?

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

More or less. I don't remember any slugs though. Maybe you played a different class than I did.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

chriscaffee
What the what?

Also, no plans here, but I've heard nothing but good things.