Thatssssss a very nice house you have there...

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Jingles

Thatssssss a very nice house you have there...

Post by Jingles »

Has anyone else been keeping up on Minecraft? The 1.8 update is slated to come soon, and I'm quite excited for it. This thread is to discuss everything Minecraft, so yeah, go nuts.

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Re: Thatssssss a very nice house you have there...

Post by Farmer »

Soon? It's already out. Ish.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I don't want to start playing till there's a more sizable beastiary of interactable monsters and animals and some more underwater options.

I wish the Cubivores existed in the world of Minecraft.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

I've been playing the pre-release lately and it's a big improvement. Surviving the blocky wilderness is an enjoyable challenge thanks to the threat of starvation. The terrain thats generated looks a lot better now and feels much more natural, I don't miss the old seeds at all. There's also a creative mode for people only want to build.

CM August

Post by CM August »

I'm waiting for 1.8's proper release before jumping in again, since the pre-release buglist is rather long. The eventual mod API is another good thing on the horizon; I've seen some amazing work with shaders lately. Still, another part of me wants to just hold out for 1.9, when the "Adventure Update" is completed in its entirety and all the newness is that much more apparent.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Played a bit of it and enjoyed it I suppose. I like most of the changes and new additions, but I'm still not really big into the game. I'm not really the creative type who builds these monstrosities or takes on "projects", and I'm usually content just having a house to store things in instead of placing fake bookcases in for show. So I was definitely looking forward to 1.8, but it looks like I'll probably have to wait until 1.9 before most of the adventuring type things are ironed out.

I really like the new lighting, ravines, and biomes though.

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Post by Farmer »

1.8 is no longer mostly out and is now entirely out. Have fun.