Dear Post Cereals:

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Dear Post Cereals:

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Upon sampling your latest Pebbles product, Caramel Apple Pebbles Boulders, it occured to me that you have lost your supply of sugar. I think I have information that can help you. There is tons of sugarcane in Brazil. The geographic coordinates of Brazil's capital city are 15°48′00″S and 47°54′00″W. I trust you can find your way to the sugarcane from there. If you've also run out of airplane fuel and can't make it that far, I understand there is also a great deal of sugarcane in Cuba. Cuba's easy to find. Start walking south from Florida and don't stop when you get to the ocean.

I look forward to tasting a rectified box of Caramel Apple Pebbles with the appropriate ratio of sucrose. Thank you.

This stuff is pretty good, though. I'd actually never heard of a "churro" before. Sounds like it was probably invented by Taco Bell because they needed to attach an extra $1.25 charge to each order and "apple pie" sounds too American. Either way, this cereal gets my wholehearted approval.

And then there's this. It's good, but if there's any difference between this and plain-Jane Cocoa Puffs, I can't tell what it is. Chocolate is pretty much chocolate. The cereal version of any other chocolate product - donuts, cake, cookies, whatever - will inevitably still taste like chocolate cereal because the distinguishing flavor in all of those things is chocolate. If you've ever wanted a bowl of flat, square-shaped Cocoa Puffs, though, now is your chance.

Also, I see on the Post website that there's a new Smurfs cereal. I was actually kind of holding on to the shred of a hope that they might revive Smurfberry Crunch to coincide with the new movie, but the blue & white Pebbles looks pretty good, too. Assuming they've remembered to add enough goddamn sugar. Has anyone tried it? I brought back 8 boxes of cereal from my recent trip to Hawaii, but I didn't see Smurfs...

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Re: Dear Post Cereals:

Post by P.P.A. »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Also, I see on the Post website that there's a new Smurfs cereal. I was actually kind of holding on to the shred of a hope that they might revive Smurfberry Crunch to coincide with the new movie, but the blue & white Pebbles looks pretty good, too. Assuming they've remembered to add enough goddamn sugar. Has anyone tried it? I brought back 8 boxes of cereal from my recent trip to Hawaii, but I didn't see Smurfs...
What new film? There is no new film. It's all a lie. Stop deluding yourself! I haven't even heard of any new Smurfs film. It doesn't exist, it never did, and it never will. NEVER.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

How can an American of any age not know about churros is mind-boggling. Unless Mexicans skip the Deep South till they hit civilized America-- No wait, I think I just answered my own question.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

P.P.A. wrote:What new film? There is no new film. It's all a lie. Stop deluding yourself! I haven't even heard of any new Smurfs film. It doesn't exist, it never did, and it never will. NEVER.
Until I get word from the Minitrue, this film has existed. It has always existed.

Has anybody ever tried Corn Pops with strawberry milk? One of my coworkers suggested it and it seems like a great way to add some flavor to what is an incredibly dull cereal.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Hey now, don't disrespect the Pops. Didn't they actually have strawberry Corn Pops a few years back? Or was that Honeycomb?
How can an American of any age not know about churros is mind-boggling.
I avoid Mexican food whenever possible. It's very easy to do here in Japan!

I am very curious to know how this new Smurf cereal tastes. I'm willing to bet it's got the same flavor as Berry Pebbles, in which case I should have my mom stock up and send them to me at intervals.

While I'm in cereal mode (which I usually am), I picked up a box of melon flavored corn flakes here. Haven't tried it yet 'cause I still got lots of Oops All Berries. (I thought they discontinued those!)

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:How can an American of any age not know about churros is mind-boggling. Unless Mexicans skip the Deep South till they hit civilized America-- No wait, I think I just answered my own question.
I didn't know what a churro was before I moved to CA. There is pretty much zero hispanic representation in NH, and in RI all we had was the crazies PR shipped out.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Detroit is also lacking a decent sized Mexican population, but it does have Costcos and Taco Bells where they sell churros. The ones from Taco Bells are bad (do they even still sell them?), the ones from Costco are delicious.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Just for the record, the melon flakes were a bad idea.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Melon flakes are already gone from shelves, replaced by banana-pineapple-mango flakes. They're better than the melon flakes, but still got nothing on the pancake flakes, which thankfully now seem to be a part of the permanent lineup.

Still nobody with Smurfs cereal?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Last night I dreamt that there was this new Lucky Charms with humongous marshmallows. You could only fit like two on a spoon. I tried it, but - as is usually the case when I eat anything in a dream - it tasted like absolutely nothing. It looked so delicious it was quite vexing. I hate it when that shit happens. And no matter how much I ate, more always seemed to appear in the bowl. I kept thinking, "Man, I poured myself too much and now I'm wasting it."

There were also some Lucky Charms and Cocoa Puffs flavor Pop-Tarts, which is pretty silly considering Pop-tarts are manufactured by Kellogg's and Lucky Charms and Cocoa Puffs are both from General Mills. It would be completely awesome if they'd do something like that, though.

Still no word on Smurf Crunch? :(

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I feel so alone.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I only eat "adult" cereals. :(

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Ditto. The other day I changed it up with frosted flakes.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I eat some adult cereals! I really love Raisin Bran! Especially Raisin Bran Crunch. I eat all the Cheerios except for regular Cheerios. You guys like Honey Nut Cheerios, right?

Once in a blue moon I'm even known to have a bowl of plain Rice Krispies.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I love rice krispies. I put raisins in dere.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Well sure, everyone likes Honey Nut Cheerios, right? I also like Multi-Grain Cheerios, which I find tastes unusually sweet for something with "multi-grain" in the title. When I want my breakfast to taste like dessert I usually go for Honey Bunches of Oats.

I go for Wheat Chex or Shredded Wheat (bite size) on a pretty much daily basis. Raisins go on top.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

Honey Bunches of Oats is great. I buy it with minimal fear of ridicule and it tastes delicious!

Because I'm so cheap, though, I always buy the discount knock-off cereal brands. Word of advice: Never purchase "Honey Oat Clusters". It's plastered with so much sugar that it burns to eat.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Wombatwarlord777 wrote:It's plastered with so much sugar that it burns to eat.
Sold!

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

I've been in Nowheresville over the summer and haven't had access to American cereals. Plus I need more fibre in my diet. So I've been eating All-bran as often as I can stand it and Weetabix (with a generous helping of sugar) when I can't.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Man, why does everyone like raisins so much? They're grapes with all the awesome taken out.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I think it's more about practicality than anything; shipping fresh fruit in cereal/trail mix limits the product's shelf life and would have to be refrigerated besides, defeating the purpose thereof. Plus I'd image grape juice and milk don't mix too well.

Dried cranberries on the other hand are almost candy, and should replace raisins in every instance. :9

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

They should just put freeze-dried strawberries in everything. Special-K Red Berries is the best cereal ever.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

It is definitely delicious, but Bananabix is my personal favourite. Sadly, I don't think it exists anymore, all I ever see is Minibix with chocolate flakes.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:Dried cranberries on the other hand are almost candy, and should replace raisins in every instance. :9
A bag of crasins is an excellent replacement for a bag of candy.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

What no hey, raisins are good stuff. I like a good helping of raisins in my cereal when I'm not looking for too much sugar. I just can't stand it when they sink to the bottom and I have to eat them en masse at the end. Goddamn raisins!

Roller coaster of a post, this.