eXTREMEShop.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Jingles

eXTREMEShop.

Post by Jingles »

So the 3DS eShop is coming out in about 3 hours, and it's been hyped as all hell. We're getting the Virtual Console and some free games and movies and other shit. IT'S HIGH-TECHNICAL.

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Re: eXTREMEShop.

Post by Farmer »

Didn't the DSi have this? I'd be lying to claim I'd used it, but my second-hand information* indicates that it sucked balls.

*Again, be wary of speaking out of arse.

Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Farmer wrote:Didn't the DSi have this? I'd be lying to claim I'd used it, but my second-hand information* indicates that it sucked balls.

*Again, be wary of speaking out of arse.

This is apparently a totally new shop. It will have DSiWare, but it's supposed to be a improved version of both DSiWare and WiiWare and Virtual Console.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Any DSi stuff I should get with this? I stuck to my Lite and kind of skipped the whole camera thing until 3DS.

Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Rayman if you haven't already played it, MvsDK, Spotto are a few.

Xyton

Post by Xyton »

So I just loaded this up, and it seems a bit more functional than the previous stores. There's a search box at the bottom of the screen and a menu button at the top. The middle has buttons you can scroll horizontally (akin to the 3DS home screen) for featured games, news, settings, game categories, and info / demos for retail/boxed games. You can also build a wish list and rate items. For what it's worth, the current Virtual Console titles are Super Mario Land ($3.99), Alleyway ($2.99), and Radar Mission ($2.99). There's also a lot of DSiWare. The only new 3D titles I saw were Pokédex 3D (free), and Excitebike 3D, a 3Dified remake of the NES game(?), which is free until, well, today (June 7th) -- at least in the US. Go go?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

K2J wrote:Any DSi stuff I should get with this? I stuck to my Lite and kind of skipped the whole camera thing until 3DS.
Shantae: Risky's Revenge.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Locit wrote:Shantae: Risky's Revenge.
Could you please explain why? I watched a gameplay trailer and I honestly didn't get what makes it so good to the eyes of so many people.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

FYI, in case you didn't know Link's Awakening and E3 videos are now in the 3DS eShop.