PSP Remastered

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

PSP Remastered

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Sony announced today that it will start re-releasing PSP games on PS3 in a series of games called PSP Remastered.
andriasang wrote:The games are spruced up with full HD visuals, compatibility with Dual Shock 3, PS3 exclusive content, 3D support, and other features.

The PSP and PS3 versions of the game also share save data.

The PS3 versions are also compatible with Sony's Ad Hoc Party for PlayStation Portable service for network play.

The series will kick off first in Japan through sales of Blu-ray Disc titles, Sony said. The wording of Sony's statement suggests that the series will also be released internationally and will also see some games offered in download form.
Monster Hunter 3rd Portable is the first title in the series.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Re: PSP Remastered

Post by Radrappy »

I wonder what the pricing will be on these games? If you've watched the video of MH3rd that they released, the games don't look "hd" by any stretch. They look like ps2 games.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I will pay any price for Peace Walker on PS3. Even my unborn bastard's soul.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Segaholic2 wrote:I will pay any price for Peace Walker on PS3. Even my unborn bastard's soul.
The only way I'm buying peace water again is if the QuickTime events and a certain missionthe torture dungeon are removed.

That scene where snake is being electrocuted and you have to press square at inhuman speed is the dumbest decision Kojima made in his entire career. I mean it, it is the worst idea he has ever had. It is even dumber than the entire script of MGS 4. The only reason I played the rest of the game was with the help of a friend using a second copy I got myself.

Blount

Post by Blount »

Peace Walker is literally the only PSP exclusive I've ever wanted to play. Maybe Portable Ops too. Was that any good?

M.C.Dillinger
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Portable Ops is a crude and less refined version of Peace Walker. Also it's the script is boring and will not help you understand the rest of the Metal Gear Saga. In fact Peace Walker feels more like it's continuing up from Snake Eater than Portable Ops.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Why sir I do believe that post was quite delightfully tongue-in-cheek.

M.C.Dillinger

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

I mean it, Portable Ops has no reason to exist. is a waste of space.
If I've been using italics incorrectly?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

M.C.Dillinger wrote: The only way I'm buying peace water again is if the QuickTime events and a certain missionthe torture dungeon are removed.

That scene where snake is being electrocuted and you have to press square at inhuman speed is the dumbest decision Kojima made in his entire career. I mean it, it is the worst idea he has ever had. It is even dumber than the entire script of MGS 4. The only reason I played the rest of the game was with the help of a friend using a second copy I got myself.
I never had any problems with any of those, so... Try sucking less? And if you had so much trouble with it, then how did you ever get the good ending in MGS1? Or did you not?

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

I'm playing Peace Walker right now and I have to say, out of the 3 MGS games I've played (PW, Twin Snakes, Sons of Liberty), it's probably the most fun. I like the hilariously out of place Pokemon Fulton Recovery System gimmick. Weaken the enemy soldiers until you can capture them and have them join your team (to participate in turn based combat), using the most conspicuous transportation ever devised! It's more enjoyable than you might think.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Does it matter what order I play the games in? I have both Peace Walker and MGS3: Subsistence (they both came packed in with various other purchases), but I haven't touched either.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Yeah, there's a significant amount of continuity between MGS3 and Peace Walker. Play in that order. You can play both without knowing anything about the other games, though there will be a lot of allusions that you'll miss.

M.C.Dillinger

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

For best effect I generally recommend playing the metal gear series in one of two orders; in order of release and in order of continuity.

When organized by continuity the timeline is: Snake Eater > Portable Ops > Peace Walker > Metal Gear (MSX version only) > Metal Gear 2 > Metal Gear Solid > Sons of Liberty > Guns of the Patriots
personally I think Metal Gear one and two or optional and if you'd like to see time you can read a summary on Wikipedia or a fan site. I had already explained why portable ops is not necessary in an earlier post and playing them in order of release is obvious enough that I don't need to explain.
I never had any problems with any of those, so... Try sucking less? And if you had so much trouble with it, then how did you everget the good ending in MGS1? Or did you not?
Strangely enough I did get the good ending. I played the GameCube version and the GameCube's controller has a very hard A button. The PSP however has very soft buttons and I couldn't find the ideal way to hold it. I also don't remember MGS1's torture sequence requiring button mashing as fast Peace Walker's. Also button mashing should never be considered an actual skill required to progress further in a game.
In case you're wondering I only survived the electrocution once but failed the mission afterwards; every other attempt failed.

Senbei

Post by Senbei »

Button mashing was a great way of making me empathize with Snake in the microwave room in MGS4. That was a very powerful sequence. That's about the only time I can consider it having been used effectively.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Blount

Post by Blount »

Peace Walker confirmed for both the PS3 and the 360. It will be a part of the newly announced Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which will also include Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater.

I want to get it just for Peace Walker, but I'll wait until a price drop because I already own the other two games in their enhanced re-release forms. I kind of hoped it would include a port of Twin Snakes, but I guess that would be asking too much.

Oh, and yes, I know how to italicize properly. It was very sharp of you to notice.

Senbei

Post by Senbei »

Looks like Zone of the Enders is getting a similar make-over. I never played the series -- should I?

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

I always joke that, if you bought the original ZOE + MGS2 demo bundle, you basically bought two demos for the price of one full game. The first ZOE didn't age well at all, but the second one ranges anywhere from nice to totally awesome, and it has a pretty good digest of the first one's story in the form of a short movie so you won't be missing on anything. Try it out.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Yeah, ZOE1 sucks but I remember ZOE2 being pretty thrilling. That was years ago though.