Sound of Speed OCR Album

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Hey, been listening to this during lunch break and... well, right now.

It's too early to pick any tracks in particular, but Subsonic Sparkle and Fifty Rings to Ride are pretty sweet. They could've done without the vocal samples in Under Construction, though...

Crowbar

Re: Sound of Speed OCR Album

Post by Crowbar »

It's listenable, but I'm irked by the way that none of the tracks seem to want to stick to just covering the one level theme they're supposed to be covering. Seriously, there are like four instances of the goddamn Special Stage music. I'm not a fan of remixes that keep me guessing what they're actually meant to be remixing.

Also, why do they all have this mellow, loungey feel to them? It's not terrible but it seems odd to have that style pervade the whole album.

It'll stay on my playlist at least for a while until I relisten a few times and fully make up my mind, but Project Chaos is likely to maintain the top-spot for me.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Also, a couple of tracks seem like retreads of earlier work from those artists ("Under Construction" is very similar to "Live at the Springyard", both by Harmony, and "Subsonic Sparkle" to "Robotnik Radio" on Project Chaos, both by GaMeBoX).

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Dang, now you made me want to listen to Sonic related music again, now I cant get that romance Sonic 2 song out of my head...

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Post by Farmer »

On that note, has anybody been able to actually buy the Sonic Colours OST on iTunes? They claim it's available, but I haven't seen it on the EU store.