Egooraptor's Chaotix

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Egooraptor's Chaotix

Post by Opa-Opa »

I don't know about you guys but I'm a big fan of Egoraptor's work. In my job last year we used to listen to Awesome Center and Metal Gear Awesome every other day by the point we were able to memorize all the lines and laugh everytime.

Anyway, here's Awesome Chaotix. I really didn't expect that.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/560696

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Re: Egooraptor's Chaotix

Post by Malchik »

Yeah, I was starting to dislike his material until his Awesome Reach contribution rekindled my love. This was pretty good too.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Eeeeeh, I didn't like this one so much. Rather than having actual relevant jokes it just drags out stupid clichés that have nothing to do with anything. Purely refuge in audacity.

His drawing and animation is getting markedly better, but his humour doesn't always hit the mark. When it does it's gold, though, Awesome Reach is amazing, and Metal Gear Awesome and the original Awesome Centre (less so the remake) are probably among my favourite internet things ever.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

Yeah, his drawing ability has increased in quality ten-fold. But yeah, it has been the same humor throughout his entire catalog. He seems to work best at parodying fan communities.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I really like Girl Chan in Paradise. I was actually going to link to it when I saw we were sharing New Grounds animations, then I noticed it was by the same dude.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Those jokes weren't really that funny, but some of the line deliveries are really, REALLY good. And since we're at it, the best NG thing I can recommend right now is the NiN10doh! series (there's three of them).

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

... on second thought, feel free to skip the first one, and watch the other 2 instead (starting with $00pah NiN10doh!). Holy shit that was terrible.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Can't quite tell which Egoraptor's animations are my favorite, I like many of 'em. Should watch the Reach one, haven't done so yet.

I also like the original Mario Twins, the one on Newgrounds is stretched way too long for what it is and it seems like Mario got scared of givin' the finger 'cause he hides it faster.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:I really like Girl Chan in Paradise. I was actually going to link to it when I saw we were sharing New Grounds animations, then I noticed it was by the same dude.
Holy shit I had never seen that! It manages to mock every single thing I hate about lame animes. Pure brilliance.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Good Lord, just watched the Reach one... it's a fucking instant classic, man!

It's pretty close to how the media portrays American Halo fans down here.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Man I'm pretty sure the internet doesn't get any more obnoxious than these videos. I mean they're hilarious, if you're 12.

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Post by Farmer »

Radrappy wrote:Man I'm pretty sure the internet doesn't get any more obnoxious than these videos.
Agreed, but I also direct you to ten thousand 13-year-old Yahtzee wannabes on Youtube.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Chris Bores is the only funny man on the internet.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Farmer wrote:Agreed, but I also direct you to ten thousand 13-year-old Yahtzee wannabes on Youtube.
Also Yahtzee.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

I hate everything except generic FPS, bugger me briches. WW2, Australia, rubbish.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

Most of Zero Punctuation is Yahtzee ripping apart generic FPS games set in World War 2.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Aww, come on Rad! Parodies can be funny, as long as they don't overdo it, especially in duration. Although sometimes Egoraptor manages to string a good number of jokes together, as in Metal Gear Awesome.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Thread resurrection!

I wouldn't have expected Egoraptor's forte to include both spastic parody and thoughtful game analysis, but it does! I just came across his "Sequelitis" videos, in which he delves into the inner workings of old-school Castlevania and Megaman X with Mr. Plinket-like depth. Some things I'd thought about and noticed before, others really surprised me. Either way, informative or entertaining (or both), I really have to recommend it.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

I'd seen the Castlevania one before and found it very interesting, even though the only Castlevanias I've played were the N64 one and some brief dabbling with one on the SNES. That Megaman episode is excellent, too. His thoughts really click for me.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Incidentally, Egoraptor is apparently also best buds with this guy, and wrote this episode of his webshow-thing (yes, that's Egoraptor in drag). The episodes Jon writes himself tend to be fairly similar to Sequelitis.