Wii Suck

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Wii Suck

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

A new Kirby for Wii was quietly announced to come out before the end of the year (in Japan at least). It's more like classic Kirby than Epic Yarn.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Re: Wii Suck

Post by Segaholic2 »

I just want that 4-player Kirby game that was shown for GameCube, then shifted to Wii, then forgotten entirely. Fuck you, Nintendo.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I just want that 4-player Kirby game that was shown for GameCube, then shifted to Wii, then forgotten entirely. Fuck you, Nintendo.
I'm willing to bet that actually literally became Super Smash Bros Brawl's atrocious Adventure Mode.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Has simultaneous multiplayer been explicitly dropped? I don't see that mentioned in that article.

Also that sword move looks obnoxiously over-animated.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

That was rather quick! The game about rope only just came out a few months ago, I thought, as well as that DK game. And I think they have a new DS game?

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Now that's more like it. I never picked up Kirby Epic Yarn because it didn't strike me as a Kirby game whatsoever despite the Kirby name (that and I disliked feel-good's earlier Wario Land game). I just hope that using abilities doesn't cause the game to load up an attack like the giant fire dragon every single time you use it like indicated in the trailer.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

New trailer and screens. It's 4-player co-op!

Kirby Mass Attack (DS) trailer. You get to play as a bunch of Kirbys in a Katamari-ish way.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

(that and I disliked feel-good's earlier Wario Land game)
Did they do Wario Land Shake It? God, that game was just so bland and oversimplified. I thought Wario Land 1 for the GameBoy had more depth and fun than that game. Everything about that game involved using those damnable speed-boosters to solve a puzzle. It felt like a damn Dimps Sonic game.

Both new Kirbys look great, which is a nice change of pace since I thought Amazing Mirror, Squeek Squad, and Yarn Adventure were terrible.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Wario Land 1 was fucking awesome though.

Those new Kirby games look adorable. The Mass Attack one had me practically clutching my chest.

Tsuyoshi-kun

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Zeta wrote:
(that and I disliked feel-good's earlier Wario Land game)
Did they do Wario Land Shake It? God, that game was just so bland and oversimplified. I thought Wario Land 1 for the GameBoy had more depth and fun than that game. Everything about that game involved using those damnable speed-boosters to solve a puzzle. It felt like a damn Dimps Sonic game.
Yes they did Wario Land Shake It. I played it for a couple of hours and realized it was the same levels with different backdrops, along with the "hurry up" end of level gimmick stolen from Wario Land 4. And with almost none of the fun power-ups from Wario Land 2, or the great platform gameplay from the original Wario Land. I sold it barely a week after playing it.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I found Wario Shake to be really enjoyable. There's no excuse for "the first several levels are really boring" or "it is a watered down version of something else" (stripping away so much from WL4's moveset sucks) but that doesn't change the fact that I played the heck out of it, and it was one of my favorite games for 2008 or whenever it came out.

Tsuyoshi-kun

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I played up to the beginning of the fourth world before I stopped, if that defends my opinion on it any better.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

I actually thought there was a lot of replay value. Sure, it wasn't quite the same as any of the preceding games, but the levels were very tightly designed and the extra challenges were a nice addition.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

The extra challenge and replay value were all the same puzzle - hit as many zippers as possible without stopping to bash open a wall to get a treasure. It's like that's the only gameplay mechanic they had.

Jingles

Post by Jingles »

So the demo of Mass Attack is on the Nintendo Channel. It's... interesting.

The demo starts off with one Kirby, who you move around with a cursor. You can make more Kirbies by eating fruit, which can be gained from killing baddies or solving puzzles. Fighting is a joke - you simply tap the enemy you feel like murdering, and your Kirbies hop on it and start punching it. Beating one of the enemies entirely depends on how many Kirbies you have, if you haven't enough, you'll bounce right off. If one of your puffballs get hit, they turn blue. If they get hit again, they turn into a ghost and fly away, but you can get it back by having another Kirby drag it back down, denying it the afterlife it deserves.

You break blocks and solve puzzles by flinging your Kirby into them. Once again, this entirely depends on how many of the pink buggers you have. You can amass up to ten of them, which gives you a nifty bonus at the end of the demo.

Overall, it's intriguing, but too easy and the controls are a bit wonky.

K2J

Post by K2J »

Return to Dreamland Trailer, and details from NP. Looks like a cross of Super Star and Kirby 64, as well as some elements from the "cancelled" GCN title. I'll definitely be picking this up.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Well, I really hope we don't get another Kirby adventure 3...

Tsuyoshi-kun

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Arcade wrote:Well, I really hope we don't get another Kirby adventure 3...
Kirby's Adventure was awesome. What are you talking about?

Return to Dreamdland looks fantastic. It'll be the first time since Kirby 64 I buy a new Kirby game.

I'm also glad the new super abilities seem to have a fixed usage, like the Mike and Crash powers from Kirby's Adventure.

K2J

Post by K2J »

I think he was referring to Kirby's Dream Land 3. There was never a second or third Adventure.

Jingles

Post by Jingles »

It would be super neat if they put in the animal friends.

SUPER NEAT

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Kirby's Dream Land 3 was great and I'd love to see the animal friends return, too.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

Another vote for the animal friends from me.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Segaholic2 wrote:I just want that 4-player Kirby game that was shown for GameCube, then shifted to Wii, then forgotten entirely. Fuck you, Nintendo.
But then! They did that!
- Kirby is the only one that can copy abilities and use Super Abilities
- Waddle Dee can attack from a distance and fly
- King Dedede uses his hammer and is slower than the other characters
- no puzzles that require another person to access
- hop on the back of co-op players to let them carry you
- characters can stack on-top of each other
- Meta Knight can fly through areas with other characters on his back
- attack as a team by holding A and releasing at the same time
- the player at the bottom of the stack determines the attack
- players who grab more health than they need can share that extra health by hugging each other
- jump in/out co-op that allows you to change your character whenever you want
- player 1 is always pink Kirby
- camera stays centered on Kirby
- if teammates get left off screen, they are immediately put back by Kirby's side
- can play as 4 Kirbys, but cannot play as multiples of other characters
: D